Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks MLA. I was messing with everything last night and guess wasn't really awake. I've only used the clamps on prior speakers so didn't realize I had to disassemble the speaker to swap out mounts.

Got it figured out and one speaker on the tower already. I'd have called the vendor except with it being Sunday I figured I'd be SOL until Monday. Appreciate the help.
    Boatless for now

I've got an amp wiring question now.

I've got everything installed and wired up, however I'm only getting sound out of 1 tower speaker. I haven't installed a stereo system in a few years so I'm a bit rusty, and I don't think I've ever bridged an amp before.

I have a PPI 900.4 to a pair of Rev10's. I believe, according to everything I've read including the manual, that I must bridge the 4 channel amp into 2 channels. To bridge the amp I connect the -L to the +R for one speaker and opposite for the other speaker, right? And then I have to have the switch on the amp on ST and hook the RCA's up to the front channel, right?

Am I missing something or doing somethig wrong? If not I guess I need to determine if I have a wiring issue between the amp and speaker, or if I have an amp issue with the channel wired to the speaker that doesn't work.

Lastly, any recommendations on amp settings to start with?

TIA
    Boatless for now

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Ok, I'm scratching my head here....

How do I attach the speaker with the Wetsounds X-Mount to the 'factory wetsound adapters' that are really Wetsounds Nautique FC5U adapters?

I don't have a way to screw a bolt into it from either way.

Here is a picture of the adapter Moomba uses for the Wetsounds mount to the tower.

https://wetsounds.com/media/products...-fct5-u-lg.jpg
    Saw you got your speakers up in another post. Any chance you took some close ups of where they mounted up. Think I'm going to do the same and our Craz will be here in a month. How do those adapters attach to the tower?
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Saw you got your speakers up in another post. Any chance you took some close ups of where they mounted up. Think I'm going to do the same and our Craz will be here in a month. How do those adapters attach to the tower?
    I did....it just took finding the correct page of instructions, lol! It was late and I had been drinking a bit....oops. All is well now. I can grab a few photos up close but they are mounted to the factory location as if you were to order the boat with Rev10's.

You need the X-Mount kit for the speakers and this bracket and they just bolt together as they are supposed to.
    Boatless for now

Awesome. I bit the bullet and ordered the speakers with xmount and the adapters last night.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    Awesome. I bit the bullet and ordered the speakers with xmount and the adapters last night.
    Sweet! I'm sure you'll love it. They sound amazing and look killer on the tower.
    Boatless for now

Here is a pic of a custom mount for the rev 10 I did on my 17 Craz, had the same feeling of not wanting to see any wires , but I liked where they sit on the welded plates , worked out pretty cool

rev10mount.jpg

rev10mount2.jpg
    2017 Craz surf auto wake
    1140 # rears wet sounds

I'm not seeing a link in any of your other posts for pictures. Did you ever get around to posting any? I just brought some Rev10's home for my '19 Craz and was pretty disappointed at how the swivel clamps looked (not mounted on the tower yet). I got the impression the factory mount had a cleaner look? I assumed they mounted them to the plate with three holes in it? Does that sound right?

I would appreciate any advice/pictures you can share!
    Thanks!

@ktenan12,

Those flat spots with 3 holes are a tower pod mounting location, but it seems SC is supplying the speakers using the TC3-S clamps on the bar.

All you need is the CC-FC5U mounts and then you can mount your pods in those locations using the swivel clamps you have.

Thanks MLA.

You’re talking about this correct?
    https://www.wetsounds.com/product/ADP-Nautique-FC5-U
    Although I think some other vendors had it in a polished finish which would match what I have better.