Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moomba Launch System

I'm not sure how I missed this or if it's already being talked about. This is one of the options that I fell in love with having the Supra's this season and now its available on the Moomba's. This is a must option for us high elevation boaters.
    Moomba Launch.jpg
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

2016 models have same wakeplate, 2.0, and the wakeplate adjusts down at launch automatically. So I would like to know if this is a marketing thing or something actually new for 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

2016 models have same wakeplate, 2.0, and the wakeplate adjusts down at launch automatically. So I would like to know if this is a marketing thing or something actually new for 2017.
    NEW for 2017 because it uses the surf system plates to help plane to wake speeds with the wakeplate.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

The 16 models had this. I'm pretty sure they just dropped the ball in terms of marketing this in 2016. I kow my factory rep called it the moomba launch system when I bought my boat at the show.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Dftr. This option would have been on that craz you had also

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I have it on my 2017 and it kicks ass!

2017 Moomba Craz

Dftr. This option would have been on that craz you had also
    I know for sure I had the wake plate that adjusted itself but for the life of me I never seen or felt that the 2.0 was also deploying. Comparable Supra that had the launch would get on plane with ease. Looks like I'm going to do a little homework since it's the first time I have heard Moomba with launch, maybe I don't know boats as good as I thought.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

So found out this is new for 2017. The 2.0 does deploy now to help plane out. 2016 only uses wake plate for planing. I put on the oj 945 prop a month ago. Tested it a few Friday's ago with 8 dudes and full ballast. Popped on plane fast! No need for 2.0 help imo.

2017 Supra SA

So found out this is new for 2017. The 2.0 does deploy now to help plane out. 2016 only uses wake plate for planing. I put on the oj 945 prop a month ago. Tested it a few Friday's ago with 8 dudes and full ballast. Popped on plane fast! No need for 2.0 help imo.
    I will preach the right prop is key for any weighted boat. I've tried 820's in the rear and a extra 300 in lead and I couldn't get it to plane here in Utah (5000-6000'). For people that don't use a lot of weight I can see the 2.0 helping on gas letting the boat jump onto plane faster. I'm all for this new Launch for my personal uses since using it in the Supra's that I had the chance to demo this summer.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    I know for sure I had the wake plate that adjusted itself but for the life of me I never seen or felt that the 2.0 was also deploying. Comparable Supra that had the launch would get on plane with ease. Looks like I'm going to do a little homework since it's the first time I have heard Moomba with launch, maybe I don't know boats as good as I thought.
    Auto launch was not available on 2016 moomba models.

A "workaround" is to turn start with autoflow turned on. That will drop one of the surf tabs. Takeoff just as you would for wakeboarding and as you get to 14-15 mph switch autoflow off. Doing this will give you essentially 2/3 of what autolaunch does but you have to do it manually.

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450