Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Modification Ideas Please

So, here's the deal. I thought of selling my SA due to family issues but have resolved everything and am keeping her for the time being, 1 year or more, we'll see.

2013 SA450, 180ish hours.
    Has the aftermarket surf system
    rear locker bags are upgraded to 800lbs
    Z5 cargo bimini
    S bend tower
    snap out miners moss flooring
    6 in boat polk speakers
    4 polk tower speakers
    aftermarket sub
    two batteries on switch
    battery tender
    underwater LED's

Basically fully loaded as most Supras are. I'm looking for some ideas. Things I've thought of

hot cold shower
    docking lights, not sure how to add with pickle fork
    LED speaker rings, cup holders
    zone control for stereo

Trailer is two tone and has the runway lights, saw a centurion that had a trailer light shining the centurion logo on the ground behind the boat, thought that was cool, maybe do the same with Supra logo.

not interested in replacing speakers or the stereo so please exclude those options.

Ready.... Go! Thanks for the help and ideas.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

zone control for stereo
    I would check out the Wet Sounds WS220BT. Its a 4 zone volume controller with master volume. Still includes the MIC like the WS-420, but has 4 zones over 3. This unit will allow you to have tower zone, sub zone, main cabin zone and bow zone. One cool thing about it, is that it has independent sensitivity adjustments for the main input, AUX input and the BT input. Makes it super easy to get peak output and balance through all 3 input modes.

docking lights, not sure how to add with pickle fork
    Ive seen some OEM docking lights that are surface mount underwater LEDs like those from Attwood.

if you're happy with the boat as-is, how about a new board.

sounds like you're looking for things to do on it. I'd be stoked to get another board to ride. and that way if you do sell in another year, the things you are doing won't add real $$ to the sale while another board could be peddled to others or kept for a new boat.

all my .02.....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    I would check out the Wet Sounds WS220BT. Its a 4 zone volume controller with master volume. Still includes the MIC like the WS-420, but has 4 zones over 3. This unit will allow you to have tower zone, sub zone, main cabin zone and bow zone. One cool thing about it, is that it has independent sensitivity adjustments for the main input, AUX input and the BT input. Makes it super easy to get peak output and balance through all 3 input modes.
    I have to say that I'm a HUGE fan of the zone control and LOVE my WS420SQ. it's pretty rad and I wouldn't have another boat without a zone controller.

If you do the LED's I really endorse the glowing LED cupholders. The ones I have are the ones that they use in the top of the line Malibu. They can be had on ebay for under $10ea. Obviously, here's green for you:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-GLOWIN...lU6-5u&vxp=mtr

As far as speaker rings, I've seen a few iterations. I really like how I did the angel eyes on mine to illuminate the speaker cone. Likewise, my rings were custom cut plexiglass with led strips that are 1 led per CM (so not the 1" gaps). I did do the frosted tubing on my subs, but I ran my LED's through the center of the tubing with the LED's shining away from the viewer, so it's a more diffused/uniform light. But I like the plexiglass rings over the tubing, especially for cup holders.

back when I was in my 20's, my roomie had a boat with a shower. We rarely if ever used it--and this was when we only had wetsuits and no drysuits. Honestly, if the water is cold enough that I'd use a hot shower to pre-warm my wetsuit, I'll just skip right to the drysuit. SO much nicer in a drysuit.

Does your boat have a heater? I LOVE my heater. I had one on the Supra and added one to the Moomba. LOVE IT.

What about heated seats? You can buy the heated seat elements on ebay and retrofit them into your seats. That would be pretty rad IMO and it's something I plan on doing at some point.

FRESH AIR EXHAUST!!!! Either buy the real thing or take a stab at making a DIY version.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I have to say that I'm a HUGE fan of the zone control and LOVE my WS420SQ. it's pretty rad and I wouldn't have another boat without a zone controller.
    Will look at this one for sure, i like the 4 zone option as mentioned above

If you do the LED's I really endorse the glowing LED cupholders. The ones I have are the ones that they use in the top of the line Malibu. They can be had on ebay for under $10ea. Obviously, here's green for you:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/GREEN-GLOWIN...lU6-5u&vxp=mtr
    $10, thats a cool option, simple to wire?

back when I was in my 20's, my roomie had a boat with a shower. We rarely if ever used it--and this was when we only had wetsuits and no drysuits. Honestly, if the water is cold enough that I'd use a hot shower to pre-warm my wetsuit, I'll just skip right to the drysuit. SO much nicer in a drysuit.
    hmmm, didn't think about the dry suit over a shower, cost would be about equal I would think....

Does your boat have a heater? I LOVE my heater. I had one on the Supra and added one to the Moomba. LOVE IT.

What about heated seats? You can buy the heated seat elements on ebay and retrofit them into your seats. That would be pretty rad IMO and it's something I plan on doing at some point.
    Oh yes, the heater, love it as well as the heated drivers seat, I could see adding heated back rests to other seats, thinking anything that is not attached permanently would be a huge hassle.

FRESH AIR EXHAUST!!!! Either buy the real thing or take a stab at making a DIY version.
    I made a DIY version on the Moomba and loved the difference it made, maybe do a DIY for the SUPRA just to remind myself how much I liked having it.

Keep the ideas coming...
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

The single color LED cupholders I linked are super easy. just a positive and a negative wire. I tied mine into my court lights on the boat. If you have any existing courtesy lighting or led lighting on the boat, just tap it into that wiring.

Best time to get a drysuit is on black Friday from wakemakers. I don't share my drysuit, so it's just for me. Wife has her own as well. I don't want someone else ripping my seals and having me not have the drysuit while it gets repaired.

3 zone will have an EQ for the cabins vs. the towers. 4 zone gets rid of the EQ and adds control over another zone, like the bow. Obviously you have to have the bow speakers on different amp channels to control them separately. That said, the 3 zone with eq is the same price as the 4 zone, so pick your poison.

You've just inspired me to make my "modification wish list" for 2017. It's LONG. Honestly, it's not the money for the mods, it's the time to install them! Shoot, I have a box of modifications that I have most or all the parts for and simply haven't had the time (or motivation) to get out there and put them in (like the box of transom lights I have been sitting on for months).

Yeah, it's the season when weekday boating doesn't happen. But there's only so much time I can justify making the wife a "boat mod widow". At least I don't watch football or basketball!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Will look at this one for sure, i like the 4 zone option as mentioned above

$10, thats a cool option, simple to wire?

hmmm, didn't think about the dry suit over a shower, cost would be about equal I would think....

Oh yes, the heater, love it as well as the heated drivers seat, I could see adding heated back rests to other seats, thinking anything that is not attached permanently would be a huge hassle.

I made a DIY version on the Moomba and loved the difference it made, maybe do a DIY for the SUPRA just to remind myself how much I liked having it.

Keep the ideas coming...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

If you are just needing to get rid of some money I will send my PayPal account info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

I am not a huge fan of the shower and would also vote for the drysuit option. I've now shared it with 4 of my friends and all agree it is an absolute game changer and makes something like a shower that requires a mod of a boat unneeded. Drysuit all day. With the moomba discount on wake makers it is 350 to you and adds another 2+ months to your season

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    If you are just needing to get rid of some money I will send my PayPal account info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ummmm.... I don't think so. I do like your thought process though.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

Zone controller yes!
    Drysuit yes!
    Enjoy an early spring yes!
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)