Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Me too. Ordered the 2079 for my LSV and a 515 for my ski boat. Nice getting 30% off.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Ordered on Monday and UPS dropped them off yesterday. Wakemakers is great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Just as an update towards the end of the season... 2079 worked amazing this season! I can run both 1100 rears, and center and front IBS full, plus either a boat load of people or a couple of 450's added into the mix for fun, and it gets to surf speed with no problems at all. I couldn't do that with my old 537 stock prop. Thanks for all the input! I recommend this prop to anyone having issues getting up to surf speed when weighed down!!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Hey there, I currently have the stock 537 prop for my LSV. We live in Canada at an elevation of only about 70m... We pretty much only use the boat for surfing, and I just find with the ballast weight and any passengers the boat struggles to just get up to surf speed. I've got the 345 surf motor and have 1100's in the rear, and IBS up front as well. With the Suck G8 on the boat struggles with just 50% of weight added in all ballasts, so I think it's time for a prop upgrade. I see lots recommending the ACME 1617, but some say at lower altitudes they don't see big improvement... Just wondering what others are using out there. I'm waiting to hear back from Wakemakers, but thought I'd reach out to our community to see what others are running... I'd like to weigh the boat down to get the best possible surf wake for my family.
    Thanks for any advice!!
    Acme 2315 (15x12) all the way! I swapped an 1847 for the 2315 this last spring on my 08 LSV. 2700lbs of ballast planes instantly and surfs all day at 3000 rpms. It's the only prop I've tried that actually keeps the boat in the WOT rpm range with full ballast or empty. You will loose top end. I top out at 36-38mph.

Just make sure you have trailer clearance. It's easy to add spacers if you need to and completely worth it. I did not need to do anything to my trailer. I have plenty of hull clearance and could have even gone to a 15.5" diameter prop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    In my opinion, the 1617 (14" X 13.75") is not much different than the 1235 (14.5" X 14.25"). Yes, it has a slightly lower pitch, but it also has a smaller diamter. Now compare both of those to the 2079 (14.5" X 12") or even the 2315 (15" X 12"). Quite a bit of pitch difference. Either way you go, you are a whole lot better than the 537 (13.5" X 16") which is basically a speed prop.
    The 1617 is a joke. It's not even a 13.75" pitch. It's actually a 14" pitch.

If anyone already has the 1235 just have a prop shop re-pitch it to 12" for $50-$100 and presto you have a 2079 and didn't have to fork out $500. Once you have the right diameter (biggest is better) you can have a prop shop re-pitch, cup.... to anything. There's no reason to keep ordering new props.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    The 1617 is a joke. It's not even a 13.75" pitch. It's actually a 14" pitch.

If anyone already has the 1235 just have a prop shop re-pitch it to 12" for $50-$100 and presto you have a 2079 and didn't have to fork out $500. Once you have the right diameter (biggest is better) you can have a prop shop re-pitch, cup.... to anything. There's no reason to keep ordering new props.

Interesting. I was sold on 1617 by everyone and wakemakers as "diesel of props" but when I'm sacked out that damn thing won't even reach 10mph. I think I have 1235 that came factory on it and may do just as you said and change pitch. When I had 10 people in boat a few weeks ago I couldn't even fill to 50% of my 1100s as boat wouldn't even plane out or get up to speed. Sounded horrible.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    Interesting. I was sold on 1617 by everyone and wakemakers as "diesel of props" but when I'm sacked out that damn thing won't even reach 10mph. I think I have 1235 that came factory on it and may do just as you said and change pitch. When I had 10 people in boat a few weeks ago I couldn't even fill to 50% of my 1100s as boat wouldn't even plane out or get up to speed. Sounded horrible.

That's exactly what happened to me. I took it to my local prop shop to see if something was wrong with it and he laughed. I purchased the 2315 from him. He said if I need it tweaked; re-pitched, cupped.... he'd do it for free to fine tune it to my boat.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepers View Post
    That's exactly what happened to me. I took it to my local prop shop to see if something was wrong with it and he laughed. I purchased the 2315 from him. He said if I need it tweaked; re-pitched, cupped.... he'd do it for free to fine tune it to my boat.

Yeah I haven't been too happy with it. Was about to trade my boat in. lol I always read people on here sacking out with more weight and full boat and mines just dying out there. I wonder who started the 1617 is diesel of props crap. Wakemakers even said yep high elevation and surf weight you want this. Time to re-pitch.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    Yeah I haven't been too happy with it. Was about to trade my boat in. lol I always read people on here sacking out with more weight and full boat and mines just dying out there. I wonder who started the 1617 is diesel of props crap. Wakemakers even said yep high elevation and surf weight you want this. Time to re-pitch.

There was a guy last year who started the "diesel" of props. But he traded in his LSV not too long after. Wakemakers does have great customer service, but the guys on the phone are just reading marketing scripts. After reading post after post of people "upgrading" their props year after year; I started doing my own research. It came down to: the biggest diameter you can fit on your hull = efficiency. The Nautique G series have a 17" prop. Pitch to RPM, Cup to optimize top end and gives you a slight planing advantage. All the other stuff is hocus pocus.

With the 15x12; 1100 each corner, 500 center locker and 500 bow =3200lbs, I plane instantly, can hit 30+ mph @4800rpm. Completely empty with just driver I'm at 36+mph @5200rpm. I actually called indmar after installing this prop and engine nut told me "don't change a thing"!! He said that's most perfect set up for the engine in my boat he'd ever heard.

2008 Moomba Mobius LSV

Just switched from a 1433 to a 2315. Last year I had 750s in the rear and the 1433 worked great. Upgraded to 1100s this year and struggled when loaded (~3500lbs ballast and 7+ people) - when surfing, couldn't get above 3900 RPM at WOT. Switched to the 2315 and now I'm 3200-3300 RPM at 11mph. Can't comment on top speed unloaded yet. Still need to shim my trailer...
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform