Default 2001 Mobius V - Indmar Assault TBI

Recently my '01 Mobius V, with an Indmar Assault TBI 5.7l, would crank but would not start. I found the fuel pump fuse was blown. After tapping on the low pressure fuel pump I could get the system to pressurize (low pressure fuel pump would run for ~2 seconds), however, the fuse would blow intermittently. I disconnected the high pressure fuel pump and the fuel pump fuse continued to blow intermittently.

I replaced the low pressure fuel pump with a Carter P4389 from Amazon as it was a direct replacement for $70, not $200+ as found on boat part websites. I also read that a Carter P61171 is a direct replacement for the high pressure fuel pump. This pump is ~$80 on Amazon, not $250+ as found on boat part websites.

Replacement was quite simple. Be careful to install the electrical connector retention clip correctly or the connections will vibrate loose.

Chru

I have an 02 Supra Launch SS with the indmar 320 TBI, I'm assuming we have the same engine. I currently have the same exact issue. Motor would turn over but not fire unless a sprayed carb cleaner in the TB. Found another post stating the fuse on the rear of the block near the ECU was blown and that that was the culprit. Fuel pump not priming at all, and each time I replaced the fuse as soon as I turned the key to accessory it would blow. May I ask why you replaced both, instead of just the high pressure? Thank you in advance.

Zk

Zk

I only replaced the low pressure fuel pump and the fuse, of course. Motor has been running fine ever since.
    Chru, 2001 Mobius V, Indmar Assault TBI.

Zk

After I disconnected the high pressure pump power and the fuse still blew, I was pretty certain the low pressure pump was the issue.
    Chru, 2001 Mobius V, Indmar Assault TBI.