Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wakeboard

Default Replying to Topic 'New Wakeboard'

Good point SD..

Make sure you put as much effort into picking out your bindings as you do your board. I have only heard good things about the CWB hingetech bindings.

I use the Byerly hyperlite bindings with the boa system.. I love them because I can tighten them on the fly... something I dont think many, if any, other bindings allow!!

Also make sure you buy based on how often you are going to use them. If you are a casual rider ie once- twice a month then get whatever.. if you want to ride more than that make sure you invest some $ in them otherwise you will be buying another pair in no time!

Jay
    2005 Moomba Outback

I am a beginner rider as well having only began in September. I have skiied Connelly forever, so I looked at CWB first. I ended up buy a CWB Sol and I really like it. From what I have read, it is one of the best beginner/intermediate boards out there. Even the CWB Mobe bindings that came on it seem to work pretty well, although the hingetech ones are awesome, but more money. I think I paid like $280 from Overtons, and for the money, you can't beat it. I have a one friend that is pretty good at wakeboarding, but doesn't have his board in town with him (at college), and he prefers riding my Sol over my other friends nicer HO Rift. The board is not just a beginner board in my opinion, as I have seen my friend do backrolls, tantrums, and raleys while riding my board. My only complaint is the fin that comes with it. It is a 2.25" i think, which is great for helping stick landings, but not so good at surface 180's and such, and my ollie 180's are very hit or miss. The fin comes off, and the board has some molded in fins, and you can ride it without the center fin, but the board it a lot more squirrley and tends to slide out, although i'm sure some of that is my skill level. To solve that, I went to buy new fins, which were all but impossible to find. I ended up having to order them directly from CWB. But I bought a set of CWB Talon fins which are .7" to replace the big center one, which are really nice fins, and they are aluminum, but they were like 25 bucks a piece. I did contact Rainbow, and apparently their fins will fit it as well, but i found out after I had already ordered the other ones. I have yet to ride with the smaller fins as they were just delivered yesterday, but I can let you know soon. The only problem with buying a "beginner" board is that eventually, we won't be beginners and then what do we do with it? Good luck shopping!

-Brian

I would go with the Flame with the deuce bindings a friend of mine got one as his first board and it will keep him happy for a few years. I have given it a try its nice very stable nice soft landings. I rode a 05 Flame for while last year with krux bindings if I had to buy bindings again I'd go with the deuce. Just my $0.2

Scott

P.S as always buy local
    Share The Water
    2006 Outback V

Also give the Hyperlite Motive a look, as a continuous rocker option. The Motive is Shaun Murray’s old Belmont pro model. It is a solid performer, fun and easy to ride. (My wife and son both ride one)

As for the (3-Stage) CWB boards, you can’t go wrong either. I rode a 03 Absolute (aka Pure) up until this year when I made the move over to a continuous board. The Pure is a great board w/o the center fins, way too muck grip with the fins in.

Good Luck, E

A friend of mine has the CWB SOL With The Torq Bindings..Great Board for learning and you can't beat the bindings.