Thread: DIY Fake A Lake

Default DIY Fake A Lake

So after reviewing some older post on here I made an adaptor with a ball valve to hook up the water intake on my boat. I have the plunger type but never felt comfortable with it.

Anyway I have 2 questions for you guys:

1- When I turn the water on before I start my boat it seems to be pushing water of the impeller housing? Once the boat is running its fine. Did I hurt anything by doing that or is that normal?

2- Anyone have an issue with your water hose being sucked flat? I seemed like as my engine heated up it would suck the hose flat. This is only at idle I never revved the engine up.

Both are fine, nothing to worry about.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I used radiator hose for my fake a lake so it wouldn't collapse. My water pressure easily pushes past the impeller when the engine is off just like yours.

Sorry I typed that from my phone and it messed up.

Its pushing water out of the housing, like spraying in my boat. Not much and only for a second until I start.. I am using a good hose but its 100ft so maybe if I use a shorter one it wont collapse.

I've had both those happen as i have a lot of pressure in my garden hose. Just make sure the screws are tight on the water pump housing. Maybe have someone help with turning the hose on half way right before you start the engine or you can even start the engine for a second or two and then have them turn on the water. It won't do any harm. I like the idea of using the radiator hose so it won't collapse. I use a really think hose i bought from home depot and with a lot of water pressure it won't close off.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190