Default Water Drain Plugs in Walters V drive

So it was my first time trying to do my own winterization and all was going well until I hit a snag. The drain plugs in the V drive are stuck? I wrenched on them until I was afraid they would break, any ideas how to get them loose? Or will I be alright just removing both hose and blowing air through the V Drive and then putting some antifreeze in it?

I had the same issue and I blow air through and then antifreeze and blow that through and then add some more antifreeze. No issues and I am in Canada.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Ballast III (stock), Heater, Roswell Quad Spin Pro, Bimini

Default Water Drain Plugs in Walters V drive

Quote Originally Posted by drb59 View Post
    I had the same issue and I blow air through and then antifreeze and blow that through and then add some more antifreeze. No issues and I am in Canada.
    Yep. Me as well. Air, antifreeze and air with the hoses off. I'm in Alberta and I have no issues either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz
    2007 LSV - Sold
    2003 Outback - Sold

+1 ^^^^^^^
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Replaced my original steel plugs with hex head brass plugs. Was a struggle to get the steel ones out. Ended up using vise grips. Brass ones don't corrode in place plus you can use a box end wrench or socket on them. Same plugs fit my engine block drains.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Same here. They come out easy.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

On the Walter, the cooler is typically higher than the raw water inlet scoop. So, once the boat is pulled out of the water, most of the water in the cooler runs out the inlet side. On the outlet side, water tends to get trapped in the hose going to the engine due to a dip. Pull the hose and let that water run out. In short, Ive never needed to pull the actual plugs on a Walter.