Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axle failure

Seeing this thread almost makes me consider replacing the axle on my 2008 boatmate trailer preventatively before it fails. It sure would suck to happen mid-season and have to be down waiting on parts and finding the time to get it fixed. At least this happened right at the end of your season.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    Hmm. Yeah the lady handling warranties sent me a form to fill out. And I ask for the timeline because I need to winterize the boat but it is stuck on the trailer in my garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You can't winterize the boat in your garage??? I think that'd be the best and easiest place to do it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

It's tucked in the garage pretty tight and I don't feel like getting water everywhere in there. Also I don't have a fake a lake. But I may look into building one and remove the fender so that I can pull the boat into the driveway. Guess I need to do some research into the fake a lake

2008 LSV. 1100 rear sacs and IBS. ACME prop is next
    Ronix One w/ Parks bindings

Quote Originally Posted by chester View Post
    It's tucked in the garage pretty tight and I don't feel like getting water everywhere in there. Also I don't have a fake a lake. But I may look into building one and remove the fender so that I can pull the boat into the driveway. Guess I need to do some research into the fake a lake

Get one of these at your local plumbing store, add the barbed fittings to two of the ends and put it inline on your intake hose. Then the 3rd spot on the Tee connects to your garden hose. I had this setup on my first boat.

Alternatively, you could get a flush pro and mount it inline. it's basically the same concept except it's a spring loaded valve instead of a manual Tee. I have this setup on my current boat.

Then there's the whole thing where people modify a toilet plunger. Never tried that one.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by crr1876 View Post
    Seeing this thread almost makes me consider replacing the axle on my 2008 boatmate trailer preventatively before it fails. It sure would suck to happen mid-season and have to be down waiting on parts and finding the time to get it fixed. At least this happened right at the end of your season.
    Just so you know, they ask for photos of the broken axle. I don't know if they would do preventative fixes.

The same thing happened to my 08 trailer last summer.Torsion bar failure. I emailed Boatmate trailers ang they gave the contact info for the company they purchase the axles from. I called them and they gifted me a new axle and shipped it to my house and they paid the postage. I only had to pay to have it installed.

How much did they charge to do the work? I'm looking at doing it myself because the tire is rubbing on the trailer so it cannot be moved. I found jesters write up and it looks like I'm in for some fun times in the garage. Stocking up on beer as we speak

where is the original post showing how to repair?
    2018 SR450

**Previous**2009 Supra Launch 22SSV

Jerry at boat mate trailers damn sure didn't offer that info to me. Had to buy mine. Pisses me off. $400 and some change. Sure would've like to have gotten my replacement for free
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar