Default Has anyone replaced the pierburg fuel pump with a walbro??

I've been having hesitation problems with my mobius lsv indmar 325 assault EFI engine for months it seems now. I did plugs, wires, cap and rotor, and fuel filter. Now I'm on the fuel pump. Took out the old pierburg and got one from local moomba house, which is apparently now A GSL392 part number from walbro. Had to splice new terminals onto pumps wires to fit the new pump then I ran in to the inlet fuel barb being too small for the fuel line. Ordered a new barb from walbro will have to test next week. My main concern is the outlet fitting from the original pump will thread into the walbro about a 1/4 of the way. So I was wondering if anyone used this pump with the original outlet fitting that came off the pierburg? Or does someone else provide a different pump?
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Did this work out for you?

I'm replacing my fuel pump and I can find the "Indmar" pump p/n 556184 (made by Pierburg) but it has recently been discontinued and runs about $300. The Walbro is available for less than $100. If you look at skidim p/n 81610 for '03-'09 Supra/Moombas, the picture shows that it is the Walbro GSL392. (but their price is $300...)

Larry, do you have any words of wisdom?
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post

I'm replacing my fuel pump and I can find the "Indmar" pump p/n 556184 (made by Pierburg) but it has recently been discontinued and runs about $300. The Walbro is available for less than $100. If you look at skidim p/n 81610 for '03-'09 Supra/Moombas, the picture shows that it is the Walbro GSL392. (but their price is $300...)

Ok my issue is still there after replacing pump. I found a pierburg from slalom shop in Lewisville Texas for $300. The only reason I bought the expensive one is because the walbro fittings werent the correct size of the inlet and outlet fuel lines. I was dealing w it for month's. So I gave in to the pierburg. Slalom shop had 4 in stock when I bought it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV.
    325 ASSAULT

Quote Originally Posted by gregski View Post

'
    The 556184 Pierburg pump is available ... we have several hundred in inventory. We did have a supply issue with the Pierburgs last summer but that issue has been resolved.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Before I saw Larry's comment, I had already ordered the Walbro pump. It has 10x1mm female threads. (WTF?). We have a Tubes-n-Hoses shop (they can make all sorts of hydraulic lines) that was able to get this fitted. On the outlet side of the pump, we used an AN6 fitting which is the same as the fuel regulator but different than the original fitting, they then made a custom hard line with AN6 fittings on both ends. All in, it was about $50 for the fittings and custom line. It did take me a couple of trips back and forth to get it done. It was a bit annoying but not difficult. All said, I'd probably stick with the Pierburg pump if you can find it (sounds like it should be easier now) but there is at least a solution with the Walbro if you can't.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold