Red face 2012 Moomba Mojo Wont Turn Over

Hi, everyone!

I've got a 2012 Moomba Mojo 2.5 in the shop that will not turn over. Turn the key and nothing. All other dash components operate, though. Without being able to turn the engine we cannot get a proper scan of the engine and therefore cannot collect any data or faults.

It's like there's a neutral safety switch problem, but after playing with the gear shift lever hundreds of times still nothing. Anyone know where the neutral safety switch is located on these? Can't seem to locate it on the transmission.

The battery connections are good. The red indicator light by the gear shift lever is on, though. It says "Do not run V-Drive over 1200 RPM / Low Oil Pressure / Check Oil Level". But the engine should still turn over with this light on, right?

We have 5 quarts of oil in it at the moment, and while that is a little on the low side, I think it should be at the level of the sensor in the oil pan. Could that be the problem?

New starter on this boat, but we turned it with a jumper wire just to make sure it operated properly. Checked the 20A fuse for the starter on the fuse panel on the engine and it's still good. We verified power from the batteries all the way through the yellow starter wire to just short of the computer. But after the computer, nothing.

We checked the main breaker on the fuse panel, got power through there. We pulled the starter relay and will play around with that.

I keep going back to the neutral safety switch, but have no idea where it is located.

Everyone has been great with the ideas in this forum in the past, hope you can come to our rescue. Your ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

sounds like you've checked almost everything, not to sound dumb, but is the safety lanyard connected correctly?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

you could pull the ignition switch and jump the power to starter wire to eliminate the switch

its red to yellow on the back of the switch if your wondering
    Last edited by DOCDRS; 10-18-2016 at 10:33 PM.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    sounds like you've checked almost everything, not to sound dumb, but is the safety lanyard connected correctly?
    That's a good first check. I've told people that and to make sure it's in neutral.

This sounds deeper than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I had this happen to my 12 mojo also. Ended up being the ignition fuse under the dash. Sounds like you have already looked there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4