Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attachments

Thanks. Looks like posting pictures on the Forum is a thing of the past for me. The "insert image" and "insert video" icons do not appear when I click reply, and the "manage attachment" button does not fully open the small window to download pictures. It may be that my two Macs are older and no longer supported by the Forum's software.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Quote Originally Posted by deerfield View Post
    Thanks. Looks like posting pictures on the Forum is a thing of the past for me. The "insert image" and "insert video" icons do not appear when I click reply, and the "manage attachment" button does not fully open the small window to download pictures. It may be that my two Macs are older and no longer supported by the Forum's software.
    Stu,

If that's the case, if you really wanna post something just create your post and send me an e-mail with the attachment and I'll add it in for you.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Not for me - I get no icons.
    Using Google Version 49.0.2623.112 m
    On Windows Vista (don't get me started ..)
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Hmm. I just tried IE, Firefox and Opera and I get the icons just below the "Quick Reply" in every browser I checked. Here's a screen capture of what they look like:

icons.jpg
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Funny - When I try in Vista with IE 9 - I can't even open the forum.

I def do not see the icon bar in the Quick Reply window, nor the Advanced Window with Google "49.0.2623.112 m" and Vista

I also do not see the icons in Opera 12.17

Working in IT - I get how it does not pay to try to make every combination of OS and browser to work.

Don't make changes on my account - my involvement has diminished since I traded the Mobius for the 197.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Pat - Thanks for the offer to assist with posting pictures. I'll keep that in mind going forward. I live out in the country and connect to the Internet through a call phone tower. So, perhaps the combination of my Mac operating system and signal source limit some of my capabilities. Still have access to the Forum, so all good. - Stuart
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

I've had trouble with the pictures and attachments. When I was able to get it to work, it would only attach the picture with a small thumbnail as the preview.

I think that the reason tapatalk works easily is that images are actually hosted on the tapatalk server and a link is put in the post. Following that realization, I started putting pictures somewhere else like imgbb.com tinypic.com imageshack.us (maybe) etc. and then click on insert image and paste in the link but clear the checkbox for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". The only downside is that your images are subjected to the rules of the hosting site and may be deleted after some period of time so it may not be available for eternity like these forums.

You can also just wrap the link in the IMG tags like this:
    [IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/2s9xcvk.jpg[/IMG]
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I am trying to upload a picture with the "Insert Image" button. I am able to select the image and then open it but when I click "upload image" I get at orange circle with an exclamation mark in it. When I move my mouse over it give me a 404 error message. The image I'm trying to upload is a JPEG. Any idea what I'm doing wrong???
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

I used to get that when I tried to select an image file that was huge. I would open it in the "paint" program and shrink it down to about 50% (still plenty big) and save it under a different name. Usually that would work.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!