Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hey Hawgtitan,
    I'm a fairly big guy too....What wakesurf board are you riding? (make, length etc)
    2017 CRAZ
    2015 203 VRX Chaparral

I only have the board they threw in with the deal at this time. It is a 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast. My salesman recommended it, but I'm not convinced it is good to learn on. I really look forward to trying something new next year. But then again, this is our first surf boat and we've never even been in one prior to this. Sorry for the late reply!
    Last edited by hawgtitan; 11-12-2016 at 11:56 PM.
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by hawgtitan View Post
    I only have the board they threw in with the deal at this time. It is a 5'4" Hyperlite Broadcast. My salesman recommended it, but I'm not convinced it is good to learn on. I really look forward to trying something new next year. But then again, this is our first surf boat and we've never even been in one prior to this. Sorry for the late reply!
    Dude if you have a surf boat, you need a surf board. The broadcast is a great board to have on the boat for random people to learn to stand on and mess around with but that's about it. You need to get on a board that fits your style and frame. I think most people would agree with me that the right board is a game changer. The downside to our sport is how hard it is to demo a variety.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    Dude if you have a surf boat, you need a surf board. The broadcast is a great board to have on the boat for random people to learn to stand on and mess around with but that's about it. You need to get on a board that fits your style and frame. I think most people would agree with me that the right board is a game changer. The downside to our sport is how hard it is to demo a variety.

Like I said, I am completely new to the sport. Not new to the water, but the whole wakeboarding and wakesurfing scene. What do you think would be a good board for me to try jtatexc?
    2016 Moomba Craz
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

My thought would be see if you can try out some different style and see first and foremost if you would enjoy a surf or skim style or even a hybrid that is a blend of both. Then you really have to look at budget. You get a great board in the 500 to 600 range but easily go up from there. At first I was not into the idea of a hand shaped board like a doomswell, soulcraft, or the others but after riding I tell you they are the cats meow! You'll be fine to start your season on the broadcast next year but just plan on the fact you'll grow out of it quick. With your size you're gonna want to try a few shapes and makes out but I am sure you'll find something that will blow your hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by hawgtitan View Post
    Like I said, I am completely new to the sport. Not new to the water, but the whole wakeboarding and wakesurfing scene. What do you think would be a good board for me to try jtatexc?
    come out to Southern Surfest 2017!

http://southernsurfest.com/

We put all our beginners on a phase 5 oogle. The board is relatively maneuverable and tracks well. It's good for beginners because it isn't crazy squirrely and it's almost impossible to dunk the nose.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    We put all our beginners on a phase 5 oogle. The board is relatively maneuverable and tracks well. It's good for beginners because it isn't crazy squirrely and it's almost impossible to dunk the nose.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    We had one of those out for a week too and every noobie loved it!

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I look forward to Spring bringing more opportunities!
    2016 Moomba Craz
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport