Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Craz owner needs more push

I know, I know same sing different day at one point there was a post about perfect ballast setups for each model boat but I have searched and can't find it. I have a 2016 craz I have surfed behind it for the last 3 months and can't get the wave to push me enough. I am a big guy 6'2 260. I know the first thing everybody is going to say is 1100 bags in the lockers, I already have my divider panel savers and bags are coming this winter. But what else do I need to do I want more push and a longer wave. Any suggestions or point in the right place to look would be great. Thank you

Click on my profile and search through my posts. I started a thread in June called "the official slam your craz and surf it thread"

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

All the info you need should be there. There were a number of guys that shared their setups

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I looked through your posts and it only shows me most recent 27 I can't find the post you are referring to. Can you point to the right section to search through, I did a search and the only thread that came up was this one. It is crazy it seems like a lot of threads I use to read through I can't find now, maybe it is just the operator. Any advice?

We have a Craz started with stock ballast which I thought was good to start but then put in 1100 and wow so you are on the right track. For small crew rear full centre full and bow almost empty, then when there is more people weight in the back I start adding to bow weight. I am only 145 lbs on a phase 5 model X and can go ropeless for seems like forever even when the boat turns around when we reach the end of the lake, only time I loose it is when I am testing my limits by trying tricks, back leg even gets sore on the brake all the time. The biggest advice I have is play with settings even if you think you have it try something new every time we are out I do first session at my go to then try something new.
    From what I have noticed a lot of the time it's comes down to the correct board for size of rider, but I am no pro just took up the sport this year.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz

I run 1100's in the back, center and bow full, extra 250-300 under bow filler cushion. That's roughly 3700. If my crew is smaller than 6 I also run an additional 600 under/ in front of the rear seat. Planning to add a couch more bow weight next season. Wake plate usually near half to a quarter deployed depending on how the wave is forming. Run regular 10.6-11mph and goofy 10.9-11.8mph

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I run full ballast everywhere, including the 500 bow bag. I have two additional 400lb fatsacs under the rear seats and have 500lbs in lead I move around to dial the wave. With 2 people on the boat, It makes a wall. I normally put something like 250lbs of lead on the surfing side in the rear corners, 100lbs on the opposite side corner and 150lbs in the bow on the surf side. Make sure you are trying different %'s of side to side tab deployment. My center tab is usually between 1/2 down and full down depending on how high I want my wake for airing out or flatter for spins. I normally run the goofy side between 55-70 percent deployed and speeds between 10.8-11.4 depending on riding style and how many people are on the boat. Everything is about the same for the regular side but the tab seems to like 60 percent deployment all the time and speed is normally 10.9.

Quote Originally Posted by Food28 View Post
    I run full ballast everywhere, including the 500 bow bag. I have two additional 400lb fatsacs under the rear seats and have 500lbs in lead I move around to dial the wave. With 2 people on the boat, It makes a wall. I normally put something like 250lbs of lead on the surfing side in the rear corners, 100lbs on the opposite side corner and 150lbs in the bow on the surf side. Make sure you are trying different %'s of side to side tab deployment. My center tab is usually between 1/2 down and full down depending on how high I want my wake for airing out or flatter for spins. I normally run the goofy side between 55-70 percent deployed and speeds between 10.8-11.4 depending on riding style and how many people are on the boat. Everything is about the same for the regular side but the tab seems to like 60 percent deployment all the time and speed is normally 10.9.
    Do you have the stock 650's in the back or 1100's?

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I am a big guy myself at 275. I too upgraded to the 1100's in the rear in my 2016 Craz surf edition and it definitely makes all the difference in the world. I run those as full as they will get and center and front stock ballast full. On regular side I run wakeplate all the way up, surf tab at 35% at 10.5 mph. I can ride ropeless all day with this setup with only my wife and 9 year-old son in the boat. I was new to inboard boats and surfing when I bought my boat in July 2016 and I thought the higher percentage on the surf tabs made a bigger wave. I have since realized that the lower percentage creates a taller wave. Somewhat shorter, but taller with more push for a big guy like me. When smaller people get ready to ride, I just need to lower wakeplate some to stretch wave out longer and everything is good. Hope this helps!
    2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport

650's, hence why I have the additional 400lb fat sacs.