Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This might be mostly setup on your new boat, but it's also riding style. When I talk to 'larger people' trying to surf, I tell them to get more on their toes when riding. Some boards ride better if they are moving. Some folks love to just sit back, like a riding in a lazy-boy chair.

Quote Originally Posted by kpanderson07 View Post
    How deep is the water? My wave loses all of it's push at anything less than 10 - 12 feet but it still looks decent.
    That's a good point, I remember my buddy telling me that. Lakes are shallow in central Florida.
    2016 Mondo Surf Edition

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

the surf edition only comes with the exTra bow sax need larger locker bags, trust Brett Lee he should know
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

I replaced my rear bags with 1450s. You don't need to fill them if you have a ton of people on the boat, but when there is only 3 of us it makes a huge difference. You give up most of your storage, but it is worth it. These boats are for surfing not camping.

Quote Originally Posted by RichM View Post
    I replaced my rear bags with 1450s. You don't need to fill them if you have a ton of people on the boat, but when there is only 3 of us it makes a huge difference. You give up most of your storage, but it is worth it. These boats are for surfing not camping.
    Which boat do you have 1450 in rears
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Which boat do you have 1450 in rears
    2016 Mojo. Had 750s was gonna do 1100s but jumped all the way to 1450s. They take a long time to fill and longer to drain but well worth the wait. Have the 440 with the Nibral 15 x13. Pushes it full with no problem.

Tried to post video but I am doing something wrong. Will try to figure out

Thanks, I need to call my salesman. Do the 900 sacs fit in the stern compartments?
    Last edited by BoneCrusher; 10-20-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    2016 Mondo Surf Edition

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher View Post
    Thanks, I need to call my salesman. Do the 900 sacs fit in the stern compartments?
    The 900s fit but I would go to the 1100s minimum.

You also need to play with the Auto Flow settings in the Vessel Settings screen on the LCD display menu. Depending on whether you surf on the port side (what is generally called the regular side because surfers have their left foot forward on the board and face the wave) or the starboard side (generally called the goofy side because the surfers have their right foot forward), you can change those percentages to adjust the surf plate's down draft which changes the shape of the wave on the applicable side. I have a Craz with the surf package (2500# total ballast) and I fill the entire ballast system full (both 650# rears and the 1200# center/front) to get the tallest wave, then move the majority of the extra people to the surf side, and the minority number of the other people opposite the surf side and closer to the front of the cockpit. We usually have 4 to 6 people in our boat, and most of us surf goofy footed (right foot forward on the starboard side), so we have two or three people (majority) sit on the passenger seats behind the driver on the starboard side, and the other 1-2 people (minority) sit across from them on the port side. The center wake plate setting is 50% up and the starboard setting for the Auto Flow surf system is at 75%. If I have only 3 people in the boat, I will fill an extra 400# ballast bag that I put under the passenger seat behind the driver to make the boat lean more to the starboard side. I have twin boys that surf regular footed, so when they come home from college to surf, I set the port side Auto Flow to 60% and put all people on the port side of the boat to create more lean on the port side, then change the center wake plate setting from 100% all the way up to 50% (half way up) dependent on how tall they want their wave. Dependent on which side you surf, you will need to move the Auto Flow surf switch to the side the surfer is on to activate the surf system correctly. As others have said, more weight in the stern lockers usually helps, but I have had my boat so full of people before, that I had to let water out of the rear bags to get the wave to shape up. I think each boat has its own sweet spot so work with the settings until you find your perfect wave.
    Scoot Daddy
    South Alabama

2016 Moomba Craz, Brittany Blue Metal Flake main w/ black hull, Indmar Raptor 400 6.2L with OJ 945 prop
    Sold to get Moomba - 2007 Centurion Avalanche C4 Storm w/ Mercruiser Black Scorpion
    2004 Caravelle Interceptor 212 w/ 357 Mercruiser 4bbl & Bravo 1 sterndrive