Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

b1.jpg

b.jpg

b2.jpg

this was in the process,so ignore the 3M 5200 since pic its been tweaked to look consistent
    Last edited by ybarbo17; 11-05-2016 at 06:58 AM.

Thanks for the pics ybarbo17.
    That is the kind of gap mine has.
    I had a problem with the FAE rotating slightly around the oval screw slots.
    FAE suggested I use 5200 as a remedy, but I was reluctant for fear of having difficulty removing the FAE in the future if needed.
    I was hoping the design had been updated allowing the FAE flange to sit flush on the exhaust output.
    When was your FAE produced? Have you had it installed long? Have you had any rotational issues?
    Thanks.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

yeah i used it for the majority of the gap, almost impossible to get the very bottom of it.
    i had to up grade the screws to the next bigger size once i did i haven't had it shift or move on me and ive put about 10 hours on it since then,
    before i did that 45 mins in it was shifting
    honestly im not sure when i was produced, Larry was telling me that if keep having problems we'd go to a different design... i wanted to take the boat out again before i give him a call and we have go down a different path design but so far it seems to be good!

Quote Originally Posted by ybarbo17 View Post
    yeah i used it for the majority of the gap, almost impossible to get the very bottom of it.
    i had to up grade the screws to the next bigger size once i did i haven't had it shift or move on me and ive put about 10 hours on it since then,
    before i did that 45 mins in it was shifting
    honestly im not sure when i was produced, Larry was telling me that if keep having problems we'd go to a different design... i wanted to take the boat out again before i give him a call and we have go down a different path design but so far it seems to be good!
    Thanks for the info.
    To clarify, did it stop shifting once you applied the 5200 or when you installed the bigger screws? By bigger screws, do you mean longer or larger diameter?
    And did you apply the 5200 into the gap after it was otherwise installed, or did you apply it to the two mating surfaces and then what is now visible squeezed out when the FAE was installed?
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    FAE

when i first installed it i just put enough of it in the crack, not alot maybe enough to fill the gap but after i installed the bigger screws i went ahead and put even more of the 5200 around it like in the pic i shared (3/3) its about double the amount now. and for screw size in the package they came with a size 12 screw and after we talked he suggest go with next size 14 screw which is thicker and a little longer yes!
    and i applied the 5200 after i bolted it up made sure everything was good first!

Thanks.
    Keep us updated if you have anything new to report.

I'm still hoping to hear KG's Supra24's report.
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    FAE

Lol, don't hold your breath on him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Bump for any updates.....I'll be patiently awaiting a GB hopefully in the spring. I had a FAE on my previous boat and Larry was great in getting me completely taken care of, and it was a completely different boat once I got it on right.
    Boatless for now

hey guys just giving a update we have been out 3 times since my last post and everything seems to still be great, only downside is when surfing seems to be a tad more sensitive when driving but other then that its been great! put prob 20-25 ish hours on it now