So this was the first year with my 2015 Moomba Mondo with the new Raptor motor. I was actually looking forward to winterizing the boat because I have researched every forum on the internet, read the manual twelve times, and felt very prepared. Boy was I wrong! Quick note, I have winterized my 2004 Moomba Outback for the past several years, so I was no spring chicken.

First step should have been the most easy... Change the oil. Sounds simple right... Wrong! I quickly located the oil drain line clipped to the motor and unscrewed the cap and stuck it out the back of the boat (which was not easy) over the top of the wakeplate. No oil. Strange I thought, so then I pulled the boat up our little hill on the driveway and oil slowly started coming out, but very very slowly. (yes the motor was warm). More on this later...

Next I went to locate the drain points (all five of them) I found the two gold hex nuts on the manifolds but you will need a socket wrench to get them off due to lack of room. Drained those, next I found the little blue plastic plug on the heat exchange and pulled that out, then I located the other gold hex nut close to the heat exchanger on the left side of the motor and drained that. Now the fun part... The Indmar manual (bless their souls) has a very clear description of a hose running from both manifolds to a T connector. Let me save you some time, there is no "F"ing hose! The manual is wrong, let me say that again, the manual is wrong (Hey Indmar, I would like that hour of my life back please). Anyway, the real drain point is below your transmission (circle) in a very tight spot that you will need a very large socket to get at. I managed to use a wrench but only because I didn't have the proper socket.

Now... Some people say to replace the impeller every year, the manual says inspect, everyone (I think) says pull it out over winter. I always did in my other boat. But the wonderful people at indmar have the water pump in a location that makes only gumby able to get at the impeller so you are basically doing this blind. I was able to remove the plate that covers the impeller but how the hell would I get that thing out? If you have an answer, I am all ears because that led to me rattling off a few words that you can't use in church if you know what I mean.

Back to the oil situation, oil has stopped coming out and I have all of about a quart in the pan. NOT GOOD. So now I am perplexed and try using a pump that I have to pump it out but that doesn't work either. Of course by now the oil is no longer hot so I am getting more and more frustrated. (Quick note) I called Indmar today and can't believe what they told me.... "Hook up a shop vac" and suck it out! I said how, they said "Use duck tape". You can't make this stuff up!

So at this point I am ready to call it a wasted morning when I remember I have to winterize the ballast pumps. So, following the wonderful advice I had received on forums I poured some RV anti-freeze into a funnel connected to a hose stuffed into the overflow port. I put in about three good cup fulls and instructed my happy helpful wife (at least before) to remove the hose and SPLASH! Covered in anti freeze as if the pink shit didn't even go into the pumps. Repeat this X 3 and you have one very unhappy wife and one confused boat owner.

Needless to say I was not a happy customer, thought I had this figured out but realized I have a lot to learn. Any help would be appreciated.... Also, can you recommend a good marriage counslor?

UPDATE>>> While I was writing this Indmar called me back. Said to hook up a pump to the end of the oil drain hose and pump the oil out of the motor. Also, said to remove and replace the impeller every year or every 300 hours if you don't winterize. Also said to fog the cylinders but make sure the motor isn't running or it will damage the catalytic converter. Also said Moomba removes the missing hose due to space around the motor.