Default While winterizing

2015 OBV
    I was winterizing my boat for the first time today used 8 gallons of antifreeze I left my wife on The Boat watching The Strainer it was about 15 seconds she claims that there was no antifreeze going into the motor how bad could I have messed things up or am I okay I have 1 gallon left over and use that to pump back through motor started fine should I change the impeller or Let It Go
    Could i have done any damage???

15 seconds dry? Nah, I doubt you did any damage. I mean - is it technically possible? Sure, but the probability is very low.

I would let it go. Watch the temp when you get it out next year if you are worried. 15 secs is nothing to get too bent out of shape over.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games Edition
    340HP CAT/ETX
    ACME 1235 / Fresh Air Exhaust
    1180 Front, 1100s Rear, 400 under Surf Side Seat, Homemade Suckgate, Custom Surf Platform
    Slingshot Hooke, Doomswell Neo, Phase 5 Hammerhead, Parker Surfcraft Phantom

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    15 seconds dry? Nah, I doubt you did any damage. I mean - is it technically possible? Sure, but the probability is very low.

I would let it go. Watch the temp when you get it out next year if you are worried. 15 secs is nothing to get too bent out of shape over.
    I would not worry, your engine/water pump is dry every time you start it. It takes a few seconds to suck the water up to pump so I would not worry. If it ran dry for more than 2 minutes I would inspect the impeller. Get a spare and carry tools just to save your first ride out next season.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

I wouldnt worry , the antifreeze is pretty slippery
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

your fine, nothing to be worried about there.
    2009 MOOMBA XLV 23
    1996 MB SPORTS BOSS 210
    1992 CARAVELLE FISH&SKI 1750

I would change it. It's cheap insurance. Nothing sucks worse than going to the lake only to have to go back home because of something tearing up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk