Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think the 1 piece job is a different floor than the one you have. It would look terrible in your 2007 LSV. And, you would not be able to remove panels without pulling the whole new floor up. Not the way to go. I covered the panels separately and used individual strips of hydroturf to "fur out" the edges to make the gaps much smaller. This thread is very helpful (my pics start with post #100 on page 10). Good luck!

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....with-HydroTruf
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Did you guys find that the floor panels actually sit on the gas tank or any of the hoses? Mine look to sit just slightly on the gas tank and 2 of the hoses. There is no damage, but I think I am going to modify the panels with a dremmel to give the panels a little more clearance.

I don't think mine actually sat on any hoses or the tank. They sit on the lip molded into the floor. Don't see any reason you couldn't create a little more clearance if you need to. But, make sure your tank is sitting down properly first and be sure not to leave a sharp edge.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Carpet repalcement 2008 LSV

I had to trim some of the aluminum to not set on the tank. I love the way it turned out. But it was a lot of work!

That looks great! Did you use hydro turf? Was 1 sheet of Hydro Turf long enough to go from the back of the boat to the front? I don't see any seams other than the ski locker and the floor that covers the tank section. Did you make a floor template before you cut the Hydro turf out? Did you use the self adhearing hydro turf or did you use glue?

It is hydroturf. There are seams at the front edge of the tank cover and at the ski locker. If you take the time to line up the diamond pattern they are not very noticeable. Hardest part was stripping the floor clean and trying to do it by myself. I used the glue and it really sticks so not muck room for error. So much better than that horrible carpet. I only templated the bow and middle section.

Anyone from the 2015 post? How is this holding up?

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

3 seasons with it and still looks new. I was hoping for 3-5 years and I'd just do it again. I may get 8-10 out of it. We'll see. I will say I will never go back to carpet.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aondion View Post
    Did you guys find that the floor panels actually sit on the gas tank or any of the hoses? Mine look to sit just slightly on the gas tank and 2 of the hoses. There is no damage, but I think I am going to modify the panels with a dremmel to give the panels a little more clearance.
    Yes. The clearance for the gas tank was OK but the way the vent (or maybe fill) hose was routed, it was in contact with the floor panel. It had worn a small pinhole in the hose. I replace the hose and put a piece of tube (1" ballast hose) over it as a sleeve for protection. I put a post with some pictures as a warning to others to check theirs as this was causing fuel vapor to leak and fill the bilge/engine compartment.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Do you happen to have any additional pictures? After seeing how your diamond cut looks, and that the seams line up well, I think I am going to go with the diamond cut as well.