Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Carpet repalcement 2008 LSV

Thinking about replacing the carpet in the LSV, showing ware after 400 hours and 8 years. I remember seeing a string on the forum with directions and pics on how to do it. anyone have that and can share on this thread?

Thanks

I think there are several threads in the "modification" section. You should also look at Deckadence flooring as well, I would like to do this in the future.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Don't put carpet in your boat again. There are too many nicer better options. Search on "hydroturf" and/or "miner's moss". Good luck!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Hope you get a chance to try out different flooring before making your choice. I was stoked to get a boat this year with seadeck type material. Found out even though I had light grey it was HOT! I'm currently using a Supra SC and the flooring is the best I have seen and used. Snap in/out and keeps the coolest out of all the flooring. Not sure what it's called but I will try to find out. http://www.re-viveupholstery.com/ is a good buddy and can help you out with any questions from carpet to synthetic stuff, his name is Glen and does amazing work.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

BTW, I searched and could not find the excellent thread that Newty posted describing the carpet replacement. However, he did a long post on wakeworld. This should help if you decide to go that route:

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=787634
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I tried searching threads today and could not find some older ones.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

found the one on wakeworld too and that one is pretty great. I do plan to put in Seadek or something like that and not carpet again. Keep you posted and thanks for your suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by Summersled View Post
    found the one on wakeworld too and that one is pretty great. I do plan to put in Seadek or something like that and not carpet again. Keep you posted and thanks for your suggestions
    That was my plan until I pulled the carpet and found the cavernous gaps between the floor panels. It will take some serious time to clean up the gaps and make the floor true enough to use sea deck or the like.
    Hope you find a good alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PWI as usual...

You can use hydroturf adhered to the panel edges as gap filler then roll your hydro sheets over it. Fills the gaps nicely and looks great.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I remember seeing link where you replaced your carpet with hydro turf. My son and I are in the process of removing our carpet, actually have the ski locker carpet removed and the part of the floor that covers the gas tank. I recall that you covered the panels that cover the gas tank individually. I have seen some pictures where guys have covered the floor in 1 big piece from the back seat up to the ski locker, and didn't cover the 2 panels that cover the gas tank individually. Any thoughts on which way would be easier? Also there are fairly large gaps b/t the panels, what did you use to cover these gaps? Just wrapping/gluing the hydro turf around the panels and gluing to the side & under the pannel? Will this fill the gaps? Also, my floor panel looks to sit directly on the fuel tank, and on 2 of the hoses. It hasn't hurt it in 11 years, (2007 LSV), but was wondering if you had the same issue? Did you modify the panels at all to give clearance for the gas tank & hoses? A little work on the panels with a Dremel would give a 1/4 inch of clearance. Thanks Pat