Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Installed to Indmar Sea Strainer Pro

I bought and installed the new Indmar Sea Strainer Pro that recently came to market.
    (The main selling point is that it has a garden hose attachment on it)
    I bought this because I hate trying to get the winterization juice up from the bottom intake.
    It easily installed with the only adjustment having to saw about 1.5 inches off one of the intake hoses.
    Hopefully it will be a quick and easy winterization this year without:
    a) my neighbors dog running over and licking up the pink freeze in the driveway
    b) the fake a lake coming off while I am running the engine
    c) me covered in pink juice resetting the fake a lake
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by JASONZ View Post
    I bought and installed the new Indmar Sea Strainer Pro that recently came to market.
    (The main selling point is that it has a garden hose attachment on it)
    I bought this because I hate trying to get the winterization juice up from the bottom intake.
    It easily installed with the only adjustment having to saw about 1.5 inches off one of the intake hoses.
    Hopefully it will be a quick and easy winterization this year without:
    a) my neighbors dog running over and licking up the pink freeze in the driveway
    b) the fake a lake coming off while I am running the engine
    c) me covered in pink juice resetting the fake a lake
    Return it and make a hose adapter, there's no suction on the garden hose intake. You'll need some sort of funnel and bucket or pump to get the coolant in...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Hmmm. If the thru hull intake valve is closed the garden hose intake at the sea strainer should create some suction. I also have my buddy hold the tank on the ladder so there is a gravity feed.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    Return it and make a hose adapter, there's no suction on the garden hose intake. You'll need some sort of funnel and bucket or pump to get the coolant in...
    If you close the sea cock at the water inlet, the raw water pump will pull anti-freeze into the system and push it through the raw water side of the engine's cooling system. We would recommend draining the water from the raw water side of the system before pulling the anti-freeze into the system.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Just installed this on my Helix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Helix

Can anyone tell me what hose is rigid enough to do this? I tried to install one last weekend and it was a freakin nightmare on my XLV. When you mount it the intake now must make an S bend to get up. I tried a longer hose that I purchased but it kept kinking. It was exhaust water rated but not stiff.
    The output is on top of the V-drive so there is little room for movement.
    A longer stiff hose may help but I am having a lot of trouble getting this thing in the V-drive area. I would rather not return it but that time is getting close.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by JASONZ View Post
    Hmmm. If the thru hull intake valve is closed the garden hose intake at the sea strainer should create some suction. I also have my buddy hold the tank on the ladder so there is a gravity feed.

Lol...Forgot about that.. Don't think mine had one.. Make sure you drain it, the plastic is brittle and cracks easily every time I touched it would make a cracking sound...
    Last edited by parrothd; 09-27-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what hose is rigid enough to do this? I tried to install one last weekend and it was a freakin nightmare on my XLV. When you mount it the intake now must make an S bend to get up. I tried a longer hose that I purchased but it kept kinking. It was exhaust water rated but not stiff.
    The output is on top of the V-drive so there is little room for movement.
    A longer stiff hose may help but I am having a lot of trouble getting this thing in the V-drive area. I would rather not return it but that time is getting close.

Check the size but this is what you need, it's wire reinforced, it's almost impossible to kink..

http://www.skidim.com/125-WATER-HOSE...o/MPI100-1140/

This is what I use, stole the design for another member...

https://goo.gl/photos/6E2pcBNdgKDakXyw7
    Last edited by parrothd; 09-27-2016 at 12:43 PM.

We use a wire reinforced hard-walled hose on the suction side of the system to make sure that it does not get sucked flat by the raw water pump. Our P/N is 845004. It is sold by the foot. Your dealer can get it for you.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

Thanks everyone. I think between all of this I can make it work. It would work easier putting a 90* on the inlet of the sea strainer myself but it kind of defeats the purpose of the nice straight through design. I will grab the hose and a 90* fitting just in case. I will really be looking forward to having this and not crawling under the boat to winterize with the "toilet plunger"!
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap