Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

If the filter on yours is anything like mine, its a 1/2" or 5/8" Fitting which was a pain to find. Oreilly's ended up having it.

I am replacing it with a water separator from CP Performance when it comes in since the filter was a zinc coated steel one and I have my doubts about its durability in salt water.

Sean

2004 MOOMBA Mobius LS
    1987 Kawasaki JS-550 (What was I thinking?!)
    2004 Kawasaki STX-12f
    2002 Kawasaki STX-R
    (BrAaAaPp!?!)
    2007 Kawasaki Ultra LX (shhh... it's got a vortech )
    2001 Toyota Tundra (Long Travel Tow Vehicle )
    Checkout my LED project here!

Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    If the filter on yours is anything like mine, its a 1/2" or 5/8" Fitting which was a pain to find. Oreilly's ended up having it.

I am replacing it with a water separator from CP Performance when it comes in since the filter was a zinc coated steel one and I have my doubts about its durability in salt water.

Sean
    Right. No one had the 1/2" tubing fuel filter in stock. But my goto parts store was able to get one from the warehouse before the end of the day.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I have the same boat. Had the same issues when I got mine 3 years ago at 180 hrs. Replaced distibutor cap and all was good. However your initial post said it idles at 2k. That is way too high. Shifting in and out of gear will be really rough if it is that high. It is even a little rough if idles around 1k. It should idle at about 650rpm. Can't remember where I read that. Maybe the manual, maybe here. You might need to adjust the idle screw on the carb (if it is carb).

Try Amazon for the filter - WIX 33299 / $12
    Ken
    2017 NXT22
    2009 24SSV

Hi Trayson,

So you were bang on...found inline filter...my god...in the worse place possible to work with...under block...not a lot of play with fuel lines...for my boat was a 3/8"...part from NAPA was a 1/2" needless to say another run back to the part store. But even after replacing fuel filter...(haven't cut it open yet but for sure in original...) it still was stalling out. Replaced the cap..which was totally corroded as you stated...and the rotor was seized on the distributor...once all replaced...she idles wonderfully.

thanks again for all your help and all other replies!!

Cheers!!

Quincy

fantastic. glad to hear it.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com