Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oil leaking

Quote Originally Posted by Jceclipse01 View Post
    I think the oil pan had a rust hole in the bottom

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I would check the drain fitting that goes into the oil.

We have 4 Moombas where I work. Last year we had to replace the fitting that goes into oil pan for the drain hose on a 08 outback V. It had cracked.

Just recently we had to replace the oil pan in an Outback. What we originally thought was the same problem as the V turned out to be the oil pan where the fitting goes in was dented and deformed so the fitting wouldnt seal to the pan. New oil pan and fitting where installed and when we set the motor back in we noticed the fitting was barely touching the hull. With the hull flex and the fitting touching the hull I can see why the pan was deformed.

I have a Ryobi inspection camera and I was able to see a little but it was full of oil & water. As soon as I can get back out to the boat without it raining all afternoon I'll try to get some pictures.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2005 Moomba XLV
    5.7L Indmar Fuel Injected
    2 Wetsound Rev 10's, JL Audio speakers and 2 JL Audio M6450 amps, and Wetsound AS-10
    2k Fly High Fat Sac
    1 Homemade SucGate!

So I was able to find the leak and it's coming from the fitting that goes into the pan. The problem is that I can't seem to get any tools down there to try to tighten it. Is this something that I have to take to the dealer or any tips that you guys can share.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    2005 Moomba XLV
    5.7L Indmar Fuel Injected
    2 Wetsound Rev 10's, JL Audio speakers and 2 JL Audio M6450 amps, and Wetsound AS-10
    2k Fly High Fat Sac
    1 Homemade SucGate!

If you can't get any tools in to tighten it then the motor will have to be lifted. Not really a hard thing to do if you have an overhead beam. it is possible the pan/ fitting has rusted from being in water/ around water sloshing in the bilge,.......a plus one for getting a dripless seal if you plan on keeping the boat for a while.
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug