Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just my $.02 but the first 4 are required:

1100s (and the engine divider panel savers)
    IBS
    FAE (surprised this wasn't mentioned)
    SuckG8

1433 Prop (check the don't kill your engine threads if you add the ballast above)

Ballast Pump upgrade. It's a time/money thing - you can use the stock GIII but it takes a long time to fill/drain. I added 3 Johnsons and kept the GIII to run the stock bags (under side seats and in ski locker)

Dual battery w/ VSR?

HDPE swim platform (not everyone thinks it's necessary- I did it and can see where it would dig in if the original platform were still there)

Wakemakers Black Friday Sale is coming! If you can't wait, get the code.
    2007 LSV
    2315 Acme prop
    Gravity III + 3 Johnsons
    1100s in the rear, IBS upfront
    Stock bags under the seats
    HDPE Surf Platform

Thanks all for the info. I got her home and it actually fits in the 82.5" garage with some air let out of the tires
    I have a suck gate ready and will be getting a monster bimini rack because that is the first thing the wife would want for the kids.
    I think I will take it out and see how it surfs as is and go from there.
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by GregInKS View Post
    Thanks all for the info. I got her home and it actually fits in the 82.5" garage with some air let out of the tires
    I have a suck gate ready and will be getting a monster bimini rack because that is the first thing the wife would want for the kids.
    I think I will take it out and see how it surfs as is and go from there.
    If your having problems getting it in the garage also consider a drop hitch.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

When you finally go out and use that SuckG8 don't just start surfing. It is well worth time getting it tuned in before you put someone in the water just to find it is no good. Make adjustments with wake plate, speed (between 9-11 MPH), SurfG8 positioning and move your meat bags (people) around while watching the wave. Even when it looks great it may have no push for instance but just keep adjusting. Check what others with your boat have done as far as how much to fill, list if any, wake plate position, weight up front and so on. You will get used to it before it is time to put it away hopefully. Write down what you did so you have it for next season.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I have an 08 lsv and am looking to wake surf next year. I had plans for a home made surf gate in my computer but I can not find them. it might have ben a link to another boat manufactuers forum. any help would be appreciated. thanks guys!!

I only have a template I created for the "blade" that is generic. It doesn't include the cut out a the bottom or the part for the handle. Those things depend on which handle you use. It will give you some idea of what to do. If you print it this should be 7" across the bottom and 9" high. This is what I use but there are plenty of other shapes and sizes being used.

Also take a look at this thread. There is a ton of info found here. It gets more refined as people try new things at the end of the posts but read through it one night and you will get the idea https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....n-Moomba-boats

2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Don't forget to reinforce the engine compartment with the upgraded bags. Wake makers sells a kit or you can get supplies from a hardware store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Also take a look at this thread. There is a ton of info found here. It gets more refined as people try new things at the end of the posts but read through it one night and you will get the idea https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....n-Moomba-boats
    Go to page 30, post #297. Parts list. Works great.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Definitely go with the Cosmos suction cup with the aluminum handle. Lots of other ones out there but from everything I read before I bought mine, this one has the most suction and therefore the most "staying power". I made my suckg8 at the end of last summer so I only got to use it once but with that suction cup I didn't have any problem with it moving. I also have an '07 Mobius LSV and can tell you the suckg8 made a world of difference in my wake even with the stock ballast. I am also in the process of upgrading to larger bags etc.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Quote Originally Posted by twkoehn View Post
    Definitely go with the Cosmos suction cup with the aluminum handle.
    X2 on that. Hasn't fallen off after MANY hours of use. I have a para cord leash on it just in case though.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap