Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I found a couple of videos of those lucky enough to play with one. I am still at 90% will buy at this point. It looks like there a few kinks still but it is still in beta or at least pre-production. It looks like there are a decent bit of features that aren't mentioned on the GoPro site from what I can tell.

This is a really nice review. The Passenger app looks really awesome! You can control the Karma while someone else controls the camera. No flight on this video for some reason but the next video below does have flight.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuuQr_mCyaQ

Fast forward to 3:30 if you want to skip the part about unrelated cameras.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf16mp6Nbh8
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

What sucks about having to use the 4 is you can not use a housing. So if you dipped it you may lose the karma and for sure your gopro. So I would be bummed to lose 1300 since I have the 4 black.. That is def a design flaw not making the 4 able to use a waterproof housing.
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Then there is the Mavic from DJI which will be launched tomorrow. This will be interesting.http://www.mobipicker.com/dji-mavic-...aunch-sept-27/
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    What sucks about having to use the 4 is you can not use a housing. So if you dipped it you may lose the karma and for sure your gopro. So I would be bummed to lose 1300 since I have the 4 black.. That is def a design flaw not making the 4 able to use a waterproof housing.
    I can't use a housing on my Phantom 2, and that was designed to take the 3+ and also takes the 4. Not sure why someone would expect a non-waterproof drone need to accept a waterproof housing...

Like we've been saying above, to get the Karma to its pricepoint, it's not waterproof. it'd cost a decent amount more to make it so. Most aren't going to use it like we're wanting to.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I can't use a housing on my Phantom 2, and that was designed to take the 3+ and also takes the 4. Not sure why someone would expect a non-waterproof drone need to accept a waterproof housing...
    I think he was saying if the 4 were in a waterproof housing and the quad with its 4 went in the water at least the 4 would survive with no problems.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I think he was saying if the 4 were in a waterproof housing and the quad with its 4 went in the water at least the 4 would survive with no problems.
    Yeah, I get that. I guess it's the risk taken by flying a drone with a gopro. So far I haven't taken my phantom 2 over water...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    So far I haven't taken my phantom 2 over water...
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Well, after crashing my P2 into a tree and breaking a prop, I am still not 100% confident that it's back to perfect mechanical operation. Also got some grit in an engine that I cleaned out, but I've got some vertical play one of the engine shafts, so I'm not sure if that's an issue or not. I need a non-windy day to test out the new propellers. I did get a new motor, but that requires disassembly and soldering. So it hasn't been high on the priority list.

Not to mention that my P2 in the pelican case is freaking huge. like a big suitcase. So my toy had been sitting for a while.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Just pulling your chain. I know what you mean. I have crashed mine plenty of times. The worst is sometimes they just decide "I'm done" and just zoom off quickly. I have always been able to pull them back but it is a fight.
    I really want to pull the trigger on something for next season. Plenty of time to wait at this point.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    Just pulling your chain. I know what you mean. I have crashed mine plenty of times. The worst is sometimes they just decide "I'm done" and just zoom off quickly. I have always been able to pull them back but it is a fight.
    I really want to pull the trigger on something for next season. Plenty of time to wait at this point.
    Yeah, I got my P2 for crazy cheap (I bought it used with 2 extra batteries, a screen and all the FPV items and the 2d gimbal, including a gopro 3+ black which I turned around and resold because I already had a 4 silver). So even as "cheap" as the Karma is, it's a huge bump more expensive than my P2.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com