Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

If it doesn't fly I will contact them for sure. I think they are smart to add the mile if that is the case but it sucks for me. This is one time where it doesn't pay to be living on the edge. Here is the story of my life on two maps.
    There is no scale on the maps but seems to be about an extra mile to me.

Every FAA map I have seen in the last few years. I am the reddish dot, no fly zone in blue.

DJI map. I am the unfortunate yellow dot. Their no fly zone in red.

2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    "DJI said on Tuesday that a new version of its drone control software to be released in December will allow pilots to fly in restricted areas after they have self-certified they have permission to do so."

Good find but unfortunately D.C. is a no if's, and's or butt's no fly zone. Even if you have a 333 exemption you still can't fly there from what I have read. Other places you may be able to work it out.

Do you have a link so we can see the no fly zones? thanks
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

This review says the Mavic cam is better than the P4. It seems to depend on the person. He may be paid by DJI for all I know but the video speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7V5K_-0Un4
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

Quote Originally Posted by Gqjeff View Post
    Do you have a link so we can see the no fly zones? thanks
    You can look at the acutal FAA maps online but you can't really tell anything. I have seen physical maps and they look like this but show I am out of the NFZ:
    http://knowbeforeyoufly.org/air-space-map/

This one is from the DJI Geo maps that show the unlocks. Since these are the unlocks I am guessing these are what they go by. I am in a no fly zone and an enhanced no fly zone . They say you can unlock an enhanced zone but under that is a no fly zone that does exist and basically no one is allowed in that zone.
    http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system/map

DJI map that says I am good. It is different from the geo site above and fits the FAA model.
    http://www.dji.com/fly-safe/category-mc?www=v1

Let me know if you have better insight than I do with this. It is my first time dealing with DJI so I may be looking at the wrong map?
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

I showed DJI the maps and they replied it was up to me whether to fly there or not. I assumed if it were red you couldn't but maybe that is changed according to the article Trason found? I also found an updated article that matched what you found.

Some good news is that the fly more package includes 3 batteries! They don't specify and the photo shows only two batteries however there is one in the Mavic also. DJI confirmed there are three batteries with the package, sweet! That seals the deal for that package being a really good deal being batteries are about $90 each. I would be happy to trade the shoulder bag for another battery. Give me a backpack not a shoulder bag.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

our small lake in all good on the map.. Sweet!!!
    2003 Moomba Outback with 283 hrs on the 310HP Indmar. Its in Cherry condition also and now we will again start to use the boat after a few years off.

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I would be happy to trade the shoulder bag for another battery. Give me a backpack not a shoulder bag.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Hold on while I grab my man bag with the flying thing in it. Wait that could be taken an entirely different way.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

No hurricane flying...

DO NOT FLY NEAR HURRICANE RESPONSE EFFORTS

As a result of Hurricane Matthew, there will likely be significant recovery efforts and the FAA may issue flight restrictions in the vicinity of disaster areas. During response operations to Hurricane Matthew, authorized aircraft may be flying at very low altitudes over affected areas.

Unauthorized UAS or drone operations may prevent other aircraft from performing life-saving missions and increase the risk of mid-air collision. Anyone, including hobbyist or recreational fliers, who interferes with disaster response efforts is subject to civil penalties of up to $32,140 per violation and possible criminal prosecution.

Unmanned aircraft system (UAS) or drone operators are responsible for checking applicable flight restrictions before operating and must not interfere with any aircraft assisting in hurricane disaster response operations, regardless if there is a flight restriction in place or not.

Drone operators may obtain information about posted flight restrictions by using the FAA’s B4UFLY mobile app or by checking the FAA’s website: https://pilotweb.nas.faa.gov/PilotWeb/.

UAS or drone operators supporting disaster response operations must be approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) prior to operating. Operators may seek approval by following these steps:
    1.The operator must secure support from a governmental entity, and the operation must directly contribute to the response, relief, or recovery effort.
    2.After completing step 1, the operator must contact the FAA’s Systems Operations Support Center (SOSC) at 202-267-8276for assistance.
    3.After calling the SOSC, the operator must also send the request via email to [email protected].
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I went ahead and registered the Mavic ahead of time with the FAA (required) and now they sent me these alerts which is kind of cool. I plan on staying as far away from the storm as possible. Looks like it is heading far East quickly and won't come here at all which is fine with me.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    1,180 in front
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap