Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default Gopro Karma drone

Anybody checked this out yet?looks pretty sweet! May be my Christmas present to myself this year if reviews hold up. Release date looks to be Oct 23rd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Yeah, seems like a killer deal! Drone, gimbal and a carrying backpack, all for $800. The drone is ultra compact and doesn't require a phone to operate it, and the gimbal looks great.
    2016 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Liquid Force Primo
    Liquid Force Machine
    Liquid Force Rocket

Yup. I haven't look at it super hard yet but was hearing that the new hero5 is waterproof without a case. I really want a drone that will float though.

Was reading about it today.... Sparked my interest.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Does it have a follow mode?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    I don't think it does.
    2016 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Liquid Force Primo
    Liquid Force Machine
    Liquid Force Rocket

I think it's a pretty good product, especially for those of us that already have a Hero 4 that we could use with it.

To get that $800 pricepoint, some compromises needed to be made. Certainly making it waterproof would have added a lot to the cost. It's not as technologically advanced as the Phantom 4, but it also beats the price and with the removable gimbal, you don't need to buy the Ozmo separately.

I really like the portability. I have an older Phantom 2 that I got used for a sweet deal, and the custom pelican case is HUGE for the copter, 3 batteries, remote with FPV screen, charger. It's like suitcase size--no joke. I'd love the Karma just for the portability. I'd probably take it on Vacation if I had something as small as the Karma. Not so with my Phantom 2.

I think they'll do well--especially with the crowd that already has invested in a hero4.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    No it doesn't. That said, I've played with the Phantom4 and the follow mode wasn't all that impressive. We tried to have it follow the boat and once we got above 10-15mph, it couldn't keep up--despite the fact that the drone can fly a LOT faster than that. We ultimately had to put the drone in Sport mode and fly it manually to get wakeboard footage.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Dang

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    No it doesn't. That said, I've played with the Phantom4 and the follow mode wasn't all that impressive. We tried to have it follow the boat and once we got above 10-15mph, it couldn't keep up--despite the fact that the drone can fly a LOT faster than that. We ultimately had to put the drone in Sport mode and fly it manually to get wakeboard footage.
    Is this for sure? Reason I ask is the snowboarding footage I saw looked as though it was from a drone following and not a camera attached to the rider. I was just assuming it had a follow function. It may have just been great camera work and editing I don't know...