Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Bimini torn from aviator tower

Quote Originally Posted by moombaman16 View Post
    The reason I ask is mine did the same thing and they would not cover it because I didn't have the straps on.
    I dont know how this will be viewed, I may get hung up on it. My first thought was to just try and retap it and fix myself until I got looking at it closer and saw all the mounting brackets were stripped out from the posts pulling out and the main Cross bar was really really bent (as in needing a replacement). I'll definitely be fighting it. When I bought the boat both salesmen told me I was fine putting the straps to the handles because they "weren't really needed anyways" . Clearly they were

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

My dealer also told me the straps aren't needed unless going over 40mph. Which can't be achieved on the lake. Only time I put my straps on is if I'm towing to the launch. The straps look like a cheap fix for a bimini that obviously wasn't designed very well.

The dealer sold you the boat with a bimini and no cleats. To me, if the cleats are required for the bimini straps, they shouldn't have let you go without cleats. I hope this all shakes out in your favor.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I doubt you get warranty, no matter how honest you are, the fact remains they don't know if you were when on the water, you could have been towing the boat for all they know.

I'm with you on failed parts but in the end some things are just owner costs.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    My dealer also told me the straps aren't needed unless going over 40mph. Which can't be achieved on the lake. Only time I put my straps on is if I'm towing to the launch. The straps look like a cheap fix for a bimini that obviously wasn't designed very well.

The dealer sold you the boat with a bimini and no cleats. To me, if the cleats are required for the bimini straps, they shouldn't have let you go without cleats. I hope this all shakes out in your favor.

Just remember, 25 boat speed into a head wind of 15= 40mph wind.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

It looks and sounds more like a careless install of the anchor brackets to the tower. If I had to bet it was the dealer that used a screw gun and just ran them in. The aviator sould have been predrilled and tapped for a few different bimini tops. If it is then find out who installed brackets. The top is a cheap replacement compared to a new tower, which if it was me I would want replaced not just half a$$ fixed. Good luck.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Just remember, 25 boat speed into a head wind of 15= 40mph wind.
    I get that. I had the same thought but it's also out of my control. What's gonna suck is if I have to drive it the 2 hours to the dealer only to find that I'm told I'm out of luck for something that was not at all my fault. To top it off the boat also randomly killed out twice while towing yesterday as well as the auto surf tabs are not always engaging all the way and I'll have to cut out in the flats when I get up so the drivers can switch to middle then back to my side to get them fully engaged. This is about every 4th or 5th set now. It's growing more common as I'm growing more annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    I get that. I had the same thought but it's also out of my control. What's gonna suck is if I have to drive it the 2 hours to the dealer only to find that I'm told I'm out of luck for something that was not at all my fault. To top it off the boat also randomly killed out twice while towing yesterday as well as the auto surf tabs are not always engaging all the way and I'll have to cut out in the flats when I get up so the drivers can switch to middle then back to my side to get them fully engaged. This is about every 4th or 5th set now. It's growing more common as I'm growing more annoyed.

I've been having the same problem with my surf tabs since late June. Sounds like quite a few of us having that issue.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    I've been having the same problem with my surf tabs since late June. Sounds like quite a few of us having that issue.

And what is weird it it will screw up during a ride after a fall. I'll be riding and all is well, go down, and on next pull wave has no push so I'll have to arch out and let the driver reset it. Pretty annoying

You're not alone my friend. I've got a suck gate as backup for the day they decide to crap out completely.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Not a bad idea for 30 bucks to not ruin a day of riding!