Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Maybe you can get that new bimini that's on the A3. The top portion of the tower looks identical to yours with my untrained eye.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I'm digging my z5
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    Maybe you can get that new bimini that's on the A3. The top portion of the tower looks identical to yours with my untrained eye.

We will see what they say. I am taking it to the dealer the last week of October. It's almost 3 hours away from me so I'm just gonna deal with no Bimini the next few rides. What is more concerning is the fact my boat has killed out on my randomly while towing the probably the last 10 trips. That combined with the surf system and plates not always working right made the service manager think maybe bad ecu

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    We will see what they say. I am taking it to the dealer the last week of October. It's almost 3 hours away from me so I'm just gonna deal with no Bimini the next few rides. What is more concerning is the fact my boat has killed out on my randomly while towing the probably the last 10 trips. That combined with the surf system and plates not always working right made the service manager think maybe bad ecu

I had a problem whit engine shutting off while pulling and found that it was the seat hitting the kill switch. Then if I didnt wait for the prestart/electrical precheck to complete before restarting it would mess with the tabs and wakeplate plus got error codes. Just my experience.
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

Quote Originally Posted by Crane man View Post
    I had a problem whit engine shutting off while pulling and found that it was the seat hitting the kill switch. Then if I didnt wait for the prestart/electrical precheck to complete before restarting it would mess with the tabs and wakeplate plus got error codes. Just my experience.
    Hmm....I will never say never especially because it has never died when I have been pulling, just fiends pulling me which means I have zero clue about them hitting the kill switch. The tabs not working generally has nothing to do with the timing of the boat dying. The tabs are more often throughout the day and seem to have a mind of their own

If it's never shut down while you're driving, I almost guarantee it's the kill switch. There is something about the drivers knee height when the bolster is up. My brother has shut the boat down a handful of time when he's jamming out and swings the seat around from watching the refer to watching ahead. I'm guilty of it myself.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Kill Switch = Self Destruct Button. If the lanyard isn't wrapped around your wrist, it serves no purpose but creating a failure point. The ignition switch works just as well and would be the first to go to in a panic situation out of habit. If the switch is required in your state, how many inspections check the kill switch and if they do how many would cite you for a "faulty" switch that doesn't shut the engine off. Just remember to remove the jumper if you sell the boat.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

The thing is though with my scenario is that no one has had to flip the switch back like they had hit it. It was just random dying. My friends would know and admit if that was the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    The thing is though with my scenario is that no one has had to flip the switch back like they had hit it. It was just random dying. My friends would know and admit if that was the cause.

It doesn't have to be flipped back... I've had this happen many times... If your knee just bumps it enough to depress the switch a little, the engine dies... After you bump it, the switch goes back to normal without you having to do anything, everything starts fine, etc.... I thought my boat had a problem until one time I realized my knee is what was causing the problem.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    It doesn't have to be flipped back... I've had this happen many times... If your knee just bumps it enough to depress the switch a little, the engine dies... After you bump it, the switch goes back to normal without you having to do anything, everything starts fine, etc.... I thought my boat had a problem until one time I realized my knee is what was causing the problem.
    I know I have a totally different boat. I have a ballast bag under the surfside seats. One time my gopro accessory case slid off the top of my battery boxes and down under the observer seat. when the ballast bag filled, it pushed that case JUST enough that it would press on the breaker button and cut power to the boat. But not enough to fully depress the breaker. I'm sure I couldn't recreate that situation if I tried, but it really had me stumped that day. When I figured it out, it was like a huge light bulb went off and I was so happy that it was just a fluke.

So your theory is certainly plausible!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com