Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

These issues remind me of the issues we were having after the new wake plates for installed in 13. Took 2 summers before they found a problem with the programming.

It worked great at first, then randomly after a fall and idle back to get rider. Wake plate would just lower it's self back to 0%

I agree if the dealer installed the mounts and or didn't supply you with the proper bimini setup they should be held liable.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Bimini torn from aviator tower

I've had so many issues with mine, especially the screws coming out and arm goes flying wind. I finally took them all apart and used thread lock because it wouldn't stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    I've had so many issues with mine, especially the screws coming out and arm goes flying wind. I finally took them all apart and used thread lock because it wouldn't stop.

Maybe if I show then this thread that it's not just an issue I am facing I'll be ok

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    Maybe if I show then this thread that it's not just an issue I am facing I'll be ok

Sure wouldn't hurt. I've never towed with mine on, so I could never understand how bolts kept backing themselves out when most the time I'm surfing at 10mph.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

But I did also have the thought that wind plus drive speed =trouble with this setup

My first Moomba I almost ordered that tower and shade top. My first mod was to cut the straps down and take them to the window instead of the cleat. Opted for the S Bend by the time the order went through. I don't care what shops say, if the straps are there then use them.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    My first Moomba I almost ordered that tower and shade top. My first mod was to cut the straps down and take them to the window instead of the cleat. Opted for the S Bend by the time the order went through. I don't care what shops say, if the straps are there then use them.
    I had the straps on they were just to the tower handles and not to the nonexistent cleats. The windshield is a good idea for future use though. Perhaps I will rig something when this is all sorted out

I gotta say, i HATE the bimini on the aviator tower. It is a complete pain in the azz to set up and take down. It's my least favorite "feature" of my boat. Yea, the height/clearance and surf pockets are nice. but the hardware quality and having to move the position of the legs up/down the tower suck. I feel like i'm fighting off an attack from a colony of bats when struggling w/that thing, lol. Maybe a better design would be to have tracks that the base of the legs could slide up and down the tower when putting it up/down instead of physically removing the them to re-position them would be better... but of course that would add cost.
    2016 Craz

Hahaha. I've been trying to find a way to describe that bimini for a while now. I'd say you nailed it!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    I gotta say, i HATE the bimini on the aviator tower. It is a complete pain in the azz to set up and take down. It's my least favorite "feature" of my boat. Yea, the height/clearance and surf pockets are nice. but the hardware quality and having to move the position of the legs up/down the tower suck. I feel like i'm fighting off an attack from a colony of bats when struggling w/that thing, lol. Maybe a better design would be to have tracks that the base of the legs could slide up and down the tower when putting it up/down instead of physically removing the them to re-position them would be better... but of course that would add cost.
    I agree that it is a pain to mess with especially because I rarely boat with it collapsed. I love the shade and keep it open 5 of the 7 months I boat in colorado. Agree a better design would have been nice