Default Slingshot Wakefoiler

Interesting concept. Anyone in the market for a new board?

http://www.wakeboardingmag.com/sling...src=SOC&dom=fb

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grant
    2006 Moomba Outback V

Looks about as fun as grass skiing
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

But it looks so easy LOL!

Meeting in board room sounded something like this:

Engineering: Boss we have something great to show you. We have poured hundreds of hours into designing this!
    Marketing: Take a look at this video we spent a couple thousand making.
    Manufacturing: We just built what engineering told us to.
    R&D: Well boss you said to come up with something new and out of the box so we did.
    Boss to Accounting: How much are we into this thing for?
    Boss: WTF?!! Well there is no turning back now, Marketing it is back to you now.
    Marketing: The two guys who we filmed are out and we need new riders.
    Boss: How long will that take, a day, two tops?
    Marketing: Well you saw the board is adjustable and it takes about a day to dial in for each rider. After that it took a solid two weeks for each of these guys to figure it out.
    Boss: Maybe put some foot straps on it so you can ride it easier?
    R&D: We put together a focus group and looked at that but wake surfers said "no straps".
    Boss: How many wake surfers did you talk to?
    R&D: Well we could only find one that would talk to us about it on the record. He said "no straps, its just not cool".
    Boss: You call that a focus group?
    R&D: Well yes, it was focused on one person so that was pretty focused.
    Boss: Ok team, we are too deep into this thing to back out now. Let's throw it against the wall and see what sticks.
    2007 XLV Gravity Games
    Full Wake Makers upgraded ballast and pumps
    1,100 in each rear locker
    1,180 in front
    OJ 1435 prop, 325 EFI Indmar Assult.
    Fresh Air Exhaust
    SuckG8
    Bunch of other crap

The Foil boards were really made for Kite Surfing. And they're being adapted to going behind the boat. I've heard they have a steeper learning curve for sure, but honestly the idea intrigues me because it's something that I could do when the water's rougher (which is a lot here on my river). With the liquid force setups, I could get into it for around $1k.
    http://liquidforcekites.com/product/foils/

I almost got to try out an air chair a few weeks back, but it didn't pan out. I think I'd rather have a board on a foil instead of a chair on a foil.

I actually just PM'd DTFR Josh about his experience, because I believe that he had an opportunity to try one out. So I'm interested in hearing his perspective.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com