Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IBS Questions

The arch of the bag wants to be under the cup holders on my OBV, I removed my holders for now. I have seen a modification someone here did that cut 4" PVC pipe to go around each cup holder to keep the bag away. My only concern is the missing volume around that area, plus it will tend to pull the legs forward.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

PVC might be a great idea. Would keep them from getting pushed up also. Might just give that a shot.
    Thanks!
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

Ours pop up like a turkey timer. It makes for a good conversation when you explain that you're intentionally trying to sink your boat.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by aerolland View Post
    The arch of the bag wants to be under the cup holders on my OBV, I removed my holders for now. I have seen a modification someone here did that cut 4" PVC pipe to go around each cup holder to keep the bag away. My only concern is the missing volume around that area, plus it will tend to pull the legs forward.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I'm the guy that did the 4" pvc mod. It worked great and had plenty of room for the bag to fully fill in my LSV- not sure if it would be the same for the OBV. Also, I actually liked having the legs pushed up a few inches as it gave me room to store some extra baby and kids life jackets that we seldom need but wanted to have on board.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    I'm the guy that did the 4" pvc mod. It worked great and had plenty of room for the bag to fully fill in my LSV- not sure if it would be the same for the OBV. Also, I actually liked having the legs pushed up a few inches as it gave me room to store some extra baby and kids life jackets that we seldom need but wanted to have on board.
    Highrider,

I remember seeing that post and thinking I'd like to do the same, but I can't seem to find that thread.... I've got a 500lbs IBS in our 2014 LSV and would like to keep my cup holders from popping out when we're surfing using your PVC solution. Any chance you've got a few pics that you could post up on the install of these so I can do the same? TIA, and sorry that my lame search skills are creating work for you

Quote Originally Posted by North Woods Mobius View Post
    Highrider,

I remember seeing that post and thinking I'd like to do the same, but I can't seem to find that thread.... I've got a 500lbs IBS in our 2014 LSV and would like to keep my cup holders from popping out when we're surfing using your PVC solution. Any chance you've got a few pics that you could post up on the install of these so I can do the same? TIA, and sorry that my lame search skills are creating work for you
    I can't find it either. I think it was a reply to another thread. I don't seem to be able to search far enough back. I think it was early last summer when I posted the pics.

Anyway, the pics aren't really necessary. There isn't much to it. All you do is measure the height you need from the bottom of the cup holder cutout in the fiberglass to the inside of the hull under the cupholders. Cut you 4" pvc to that length and then slide them in there. I cut mine so they were a tight fit but you could go a little looser, as the cupholders will stop the pvc from moving out of place too much.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Hi guys, new member here and soaking up as much info as I can. Getting a bit lost in some thread searches, so much to look at.

Is it possible on 06 LSV to take off the center locker bag vent with a Y into both legs of a bow bag and then vent the IBS from the top to the drain on the side with a check valve so when I drain the center and IBS it doesn't just go back into the IBS?
    Trying to keep it simple for the first year.

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

I can't find it either. I think it was a reply to another thread. I don't seem to be able to search far enough back. I think it was early last summer when I posted the pics.

Anyway, the pics aren't really necessary. There isn't much to it. All you do is measure the height you need from the bottom of the cup holder cutout in the fiberglass to the inside of the hull under the cupholders. Cut you 4" pvc to that length and then slide them in there. I cut mine so they were a tight fit but you could go a little looser, as the cupholders will stop the pvc from moving out of place too much.
    Awesome, thanks man. That's as simple as I was hoping it would be, I just wanted to double-check that it wasn't necessary to either glue/fix them to either the hull or the top inside of the fiberglass. It also makes me feel slightly better that you can't find that post either . Thanks for the super-clear instructions, I'll throw those PVC sleeves in when we're back up at the Lake over Memorial Day!

Quote Originally Posted by MGX View Post
    Hi guys, new member here and soaking up as much info as I can. Getting a bit lost in some thread searches, so much to look at.

Is it possible on 06 LSV to take off the center locker bag vent with a Y into both legs of a bow bag and then vent the IBS from the top to the drain on the side with a check valve so when I drain the center and IBS it doesn't just go back into the IBS?
    Trying to keep it simple for the first year.
    That is exactly what I did to plumb my ibs. I drained my ibs from each leg and y-ed them together and then plumbed it into the hose right before the drain pump- I had an aerator pump for draining on the center and ibs bags.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

That is exactly what I did to plumb my ibs. I drained my ibs from each leg and y-ed them together and then plumbed it into the hose right before the drain pump- I had an aerator pump for draining on the center and ibs bags.
    That's exactly what I am planning to do with one addition -- I plan to add a PVC ball valve on each drain hose right before the Y or T. That way I have full control of how full both the IBS and center bags are
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847