Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IBS Questions

Default IBS Questions

I am fairly new to the surfing game and am looking to upgrade my ballast in my 2007 Mobius LSV. Currently I have the stock Gravity III system and am planning to add 1,100 lb bags to the rear lockers. At some point, I also want to buy the Gravity III Ballast Upgrade from Wakemakers. Thanks to the posts I've read on here, I built a "suck gate" which has helped immensely but I want to add an IBS and have a few questions as to how all of you have set yours up.

First, I am planning to piggyback off my center bag but am not exactly sure where I should run the intake line, vent line and drain line on each of the bags. I assume I should run the intake to the front (top) of the IBS and let it flow back to my center bag to fill it. Also, for draining the IBS and filling the center bag, I assume I would need to run a drain line from each leg of the IBS into the front (top) of my Center Bag. Both of those were more questions than statements of fact so any recommendations would be of great help and much appreciated.

Second, what size IBS fits best into my boat. I see on Wakemakers they have both a 500 and a 750 pound Sumo bag. From your experience, which fits best???

Third, like most, I would greatly appreciate the wakemakers discount code. If any of you have it, please PM it to me.

Thanks and I look forward to your suggestions.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

I've got the 500 Sumo IBS and if the legs are longer you might be able to pull off the 750. I didn't think it would fit so I didn't even bother to check the dimensions. I prob have another foot on each side before you start running into batteries and such.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

Thanks Jeff. Did you piggy back off your center locker or do you have a separate pump for each???
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Default IBS Questions

I just installed a 750 IBS in my 08 Outback V. Fits perfectly with about 3" of locker access left (more locker underneath but seat opening is around 3"). I piggy backed from front top (vent) of my 400# floor bag into the right lower port of the IBS. Had to drill inside starboard locker to get hose to and from center ski locker. No vent yet in the IBS, just burp it the first fill. Worked great last time out, and drained well when done.

I can take more pics if needed of the specific install. Here's the surf wave with 750s full in rear, 400 under floor, and 750 ibs

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    2008 OBV
    325 EFI with closed cooling
    Gravity III with 750's in the rear, 400 stock floor, 750 IBS
    Servo valve ballast upgrade
    Wetsounds Rev10
    JL Amps, WS420BT

2000 Outback LS <-- Sold!!!
    310 Carb Direct Drive
    800# Rear Locker
    750# IBS (should have kept this for the OBV)
    Dual Batteries with 2 Bank Charger System
    Kenwood Head with Remotes
    Too many hours restoring exterior from prior negligence to count!

Just checked with Wakemakers and they suggest the 500 lb sumo IBS. Anyone else use the 750 in the 2006-2008 Mobius LSV???
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

Sorry I missed your note. I run the Sumo Max pump for the bags. I had never wake surfed before and before I go drilling holes in the boat and spending a lot of money on the ballast upgrade and bags I wanted to make sure I enjoyed it enough to make that kind of investment. There's always a market for over the boat pumps and bags so if I decide I want to do it right I can flip them and get some value out of them.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers

I have this one, it's actually a little small..

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...d-bow-sac.html

Quote Originally Posted by twkoehn View Post
    Just checked with Wakemakers and they suggest the 500 lb sumo IBS. Anyone else use the 750 in the 2006-2008 Mobius LSV???
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by parrothd View Post
    I have this one, it's actually a little small..

https://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-...d-bow-sac.html

+1 on the 650# as well in my OBV and there is definitely room for the "legs" to be longer which I believe is how the 750# is configured. I would definitely go with the 750 if I was doing it all over again, even if it doesn't fill all the way.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Thanks for the input guys - much appreciated!!!!! Pulled the trigger on the 750 for the bow.
    twkoehn
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1100s in rear lockers
    750 lb IBS
    Acme 1847

What did you guys do to protect the bag from the very sharp bottoms of the cup holders? I think just getting rid of the little sharp drain part sticking down would be best but I also have some nice sheets of firm packing foam I could custom fit around them. The foam might also help keep the bag clear of them and keep them from being pushed up. Thanks guys!
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold