Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

What motor oil are you guys running?
    2018 Max - Wetsounds - Wake Makers upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by DRHRSH View Post
    I have a '16 Craz with the "standard" 400 engine and being a boat owner for many years I have always done my own winterization. Obviously this new motor uses a self contained coolant and a heat exchanger so it's different than any boat I have owned. I have read several threads that have suggested ideas. The owners manual is not much help. So I thought I would post what I have gathered and see if anyone has suggestions or improvements. The picture of the 5 critical drain plug points has been previously posted in pdf format.

Add Stabil fuel stabilizer to gas tank and fill tank

Remove 2 hull drain plugs and place in ziploc bag, tape to steering wheel

Pump out all ballast

Attach hose to water intake and run engine to operating temperature / 160 degrees

Drain oil, replace oil filter with Motorcraft FL-820 or Wix 51372

Fill oil with Semi Synthetic 5W-30 - 8 quarts

Remove 5 drain plugs from heat exchanger , manifolds and transmission ( see picture)

Clean and drain lake water strainer if equipped ( was an option)

Remove spark plugs and fog each cylinder with fogging oil, crank engine to spread fogging oil

Detach hoses from ballast pumps, pour in RV antifreeze, cycle pump to insure it runs through

Detach and remove ballast bags, add 1/4 cup bleach and slosh around

Plug in on board battery charger or remove a batteries and place on trickle charger

Every other year ? ( I have the Indmar V Drive unit )

Drain and refill V drive (yellow dipstick)and transmission ( red dipstick). I believe these fluids need to be sucked out with a vacuum pump and a small tube.

Trans takes 2.3 qts Indmar ATF 872006 ( Can use Dextron 6 synthetic)
    V-Drive takes 1.25 qts Indmar Synthetic 50 Transmission oil 872009 ( can use Mobil Delvac 50 synthetiic transmission oil)

Replace lake water impeller

I welcome and constructive comments. Thank you.
    I cannot find the Mobil delvac 50 locally. Does anyone have suggestions on what else to run?

Quote Originally Posted by Kxmoomba View Post
    I cannot find the Mobil delvac 50 locally. Does anyone have suggestions on what else to run?
    I found some synthetic SAE 50 oil at the local parts store for “Racing” which has extra ZDDP in it so that’s what I used.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I was told by Indmar (I called their tech support) that Mobil 1 Synthetic - 5w-30 is ok to use. My dealer was out of the Indmar 5w-30 that was speced for the motor, and they told me the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    I was told by Indmar (I called their tech support) that Mobil 1 Synthetic - 5w-30 is ok to use. My dealer was out of the Indmar 5w-30 that was speced for the motor, and they told me the same thing.

No need to use Indmar repackaged oil. Mobil 1 5W30 is probably better anyway.
    This is what I put in the gear side of the trans
    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

2017 Moomba Craz

Can I run Motorraft 5W30 semi syn? Also can we run a full syn?
    Thanks for your relipes

Go full synthetic. It doesn’t break down as fast as mineral or semi synthetic. All the new engine these days have no issue using full PAO (synthetic) oils. The seals used these days aren’t the crap that was in cars from 30 years ago.
    PS I’m in the business of lubrication for a living.

2017 Moomba Craz

OK and I can use motorcraft full syn then? or should I just stick with Mobil one? I have been reading through all the forums looking for an answer and it seems its mobil one or motorcraft, some say yes to full syn some don't lol

Are you using that VR1 motor oil in the trans? Just want to double check since what I found in the winterization was this info and a 50 synthetic

Trans takes 2.3 qts Indmar ATF 872006 ( Can use Dextron 6 synthetic)
    V-Drive takes 1.25 qts Indmar Synthetic 50 Transmission oil 872009 ( can use Mobil Delvac 50 synthetiic transmission oil)

I appreciate your help. I work in the powersports industry and they sit us down and talk about oil but it all sounds the same haha.

Mobil 1 is my favorite as it has the one of the best viscosity indexes of all the synthetic motor oil’s and also the highest quality, unless you want to pay unnecessarily for stuff like royal purple, and Amsoil. The latter oils are full of viscosity modifiers that break down quickly with heat and shear. They test great in labs on viscometers but don’t perform any better in the field.
    The trans oil is just an SAE 50 weight oil. Nothing special here. Again, go synthetic. The one I posted has antifoaming additives which is ideal for gearboxes.
    Motorcraft and Indmar and Mopar etc etc just buy relabeled/repackaged oil from the big oil companies. They don’t make any themselves. Because they will recommend their own brand because it just adds more money in their pocket.

2017 Moomba Craz

OK, thanks for that. I just did't want to assume that I can run any trans oil but felt like I was probably over thinking it. This was very helpful