Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Winterization for newer Raptor motors

Mattsask, I believe you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    My understanding is that the exhaust manifolds are water cooled. The water is expelled through the exhaust port, isn't it?

That picture is too blurry for me to see anything.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    You are exactly correct. The manifolds are cooled by "raw" water and must be drained. My information says they will drain through dripless packing. Then it states if there is no crossover hose or dripless packing to remove the drain plug from each manifold.
    So that would be 2 plugs
    One from heat exchanger
    Plastic plug from tube between trans cooler and raw water pump
    One from V drive( the picture you posted)

So I believe that is 5. Sorry the picture is poor. I used the forum tools to post it? I know a larger one is in the forum, but if you want it pm me with your e mail and maybe it will come through better.

Quote Originally Posted by DRHRSH View Post
    You are exactly correct. The manifolds are cooled by "raw" water and must be drained. My information says they will drain through dripless packing. Then it states if there is no crossover hose or dripless packing to remove the drain plug from each manifold.
    So that would be 2 plugs
    One from heat exchanger
    Plastic plug from tube between trans cooler and raw water pump
    One from V drive( the picture you posted)

So I believe that is 5. Sorry the picture is poor. I used the forum tools to post it? I know a larger one is in the forum, but if you want it pm me with your e mail and maybe it will come through better.
    Gotcha! It all makes perfect sense now. I had a hard time finding the crossover hose on the manifolds. I ended up removing the small floor panel beneath the back seat. I found it right away. Now that I know where it is I'm sure I can access it through the small v drive access panel. It was just impossible to get a visual on the hose without removing that section of floor. It was only 4 screws, so it would be worth having a look for future winterization jobs.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Default Winterization for newer Raptor motors

The Indmar sea strainer with flush kit make running anti-freeze simple. I just installed it in my Helix, easy job.

I plan to run anti-freeze thru the flush hose fitting while the boat is running at idle out of the water with the water pickup shutoff valve in the off position. Then pull all the drains, any objections?

Last edited by doingr8; 09-26-2016 at 03:48 PM.
    2016 Helix

I would still pull the plugs and drain all the water before you fill with anti-freeze. Otherwise you'll just end up with diluted anti-freeze.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

That is the plan, just another level of protection against freezing.

2016 Helix

I just maybe over killing it here but before pulled the plugs I pulled in about 3 gallons (until it runs pink out exhaust) of RV anti and then pulled the plugs. Anti came out everywhere, this will keep residuals from hard freeze and also give a bit of added corrosion protection. Be sure to pull the strainer cap as well, that will hold water that won't drain from the trans plug.

Matt

2016 Moomba Craz
    440 Raptor
    Surf Edition
    Standard Cabin Stereo
    900# Rear Ballasts

Supra Mariah - Sold

F250 6.7L Diesel Tow Vehicle

I have done everything on the check list. However, my manifolds have a 90 degree threaded plug and a hose that's connected to them, which leads to a T on top of the transmission and then down. I read somewhere that some have "self emptying" manifolds. I imagine mine is set up this way? None the less, I disconnected the hose at the T and got a little water out on both sides, but not a whole lot. Can anyone comment who has this set up?

The most water I had drain was out of the trans, and heat exchanger. Btw, I only had one plug on my exchanger, nowhere is the little plastic plug in the pictures that's floating around. My heat exchanger looks a little different then the photo as well. I can't find this "plastic plug" some people speak of.

I emptied my ballast bags and wiped them down. Cycled the pumps with the bags detached. I used a little rv antifreeze in the bottom hose and reconnected the bags and cycled the pumps again. Then I disconnected the bags again and used a shop vac to both blow the lines out, and I also sucked them out as well at the bottom / back connection.

Put stable into the tank and removed the battery.

Did I miss anything??

Changed the fluids, ran it to temp, drained the water, ran anti-freeze through it, drained it again from all points, and removed impeller from engine and Jabsco pumps. Sad day!

2016 Helix

Nice pail setup! I've been meaning to make one myself. Have you considered adding an adapter for the ballast quick connect fittings? I was thinking I'd add that when I put mine together. Would make winterizing the ballast a dream.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.