Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    That’s what I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    is there a shut-off valve you need to close when using the strainer? Curious if there's enough gravity from the jug to push through since the in-take on the bottom of the boat would still be open. This sounds much easier than a fake-a-lake.
    2018 Moomba Craz + 500#
    2006 Four Winn H190
    Gull Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Kraimz15 View Post
    is there a shut-off valve you need to close when using the strainer? Curious if there's enough gravity from the jug to push through since the in-take on the bottom of the boat would still be open. This sounds much easier than a fake-a-lake.
    My 2017 with the raptor has a shut off valve after the thru Hull intake before the strainer/game a lake.

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    My 2017 with the raptor has a shut off valve after the thru Hull intake before the strainer/game a lake.

I think I found it...hard to see in the first pick of the strainer, but if I you look past it, there is a valve on the floor (2nd pic). guessing this is what I close when I attach a hose to the strainer to run the anti-freeze.

Boxer_1537196027.287024_asset.jpg

Boxer_1537196037.732913_asset.jpg
    Last edited by Kraimz15; 09-17-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    2018 Moomba Craz + 500#
    2006 Four Winn H190
    Gull Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Kraimz15 View Post
    I think I found it...hard to see in the first pick of the strainer, but if I you look past it, there is a valve on the floor (2nd pic). guessing this is what I close when I attach a hose to the strainer to run the anti-freeze.

Boxer_1537196027.287024_asset.jpg

Boxer_1537196037.732913_asset.jpg
    That’s it. That access door doesn’t provide much access, 4 screws and that whole fiberglass piece comes out and it is much easier to reach everything

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    That’s it. That access door doesn’t provide much access, 4 screws and that whole fiberglass piece comes out and it is much easier to reach everything

I just leave the screw out for quick tool-less access. No issues or rattles.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

So this might be a stupid question, but with the closed cooling....do you need to warm the engine to run antifreeze through the fresh water cooling system? I always have on older boats because the t stat needs to open to circulate the antifreeze all the way through, but on the Raptor, does that matter since it is a hybrid system?

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    So this might be a stupid question, but with the closed cooling....do you need to warm the engine to run antifreeze through the fresh water cooling system? I always have on older boats because the t stat needs to open to circulate the antifreeze all the way through, but on the Raptor, does that matter since it is a hybrid system?

Nope........
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

It does take a while for it to come out through the exhaust though. That’s when I know I’m all good. Let it run out the exhaust for a minute or so and shut I down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Sounds good. I have a 12v pump step up so I can catch it out of the exhaust and circulate it. I will just let it circulate for a little while to make sure. Man....I can’t quite pull the trigger to winterize it yet. Still feel like we will have a few more decent days here in Ohio.

2018 Moomba Craz
    6.2L Raptor 400
    6 Pump Ballast, Autowake 2.0, Flow 2.0 Surf System
    OJ 15x13 Wake Prop
    Digital Cruise Pro 3 (paddle wheel)
    Wetsounds Rev 10's

2005 Supra Launch 22SSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jcarter20 View Post
    Sounds good. I have a 12v pump step up so I can catch it out of the exhaust and circulate it. I will just let it circulate for a little while to make sure. Man....I can’t quite pull the trigger to winterize it yet. Still feel like we will have a few more decent days here in Ohio.

You don't need a pump, just a hose and bucket underneath the exhaust.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead