Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    what kind of batteries are 180 each , unless they are optima

what kinda truck ?

146 at sams club duracells
    Optimas are 235 and up now. Thank the current govt for bs taxes that are slowly showing up. All batteries have gone up 80% or more in last 6 months
    Work to live!!
    2015 mondo
    Aviator tower
    Auto flow
    94 rinker 180 gone

Crazy, three cars and a boat. Just bought winter tires, you would think with lower fuel prices tire prices would go down, nope.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Batteries...holy cow

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Crazy, three cars and a boat. Just bought winter tires, you would think with lower fuel prices tire prices would go down, nope.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    And metal prices way down
    -Jake

Batteries and Tires..............I lose count!
    4 vehicles 2 with dual batts, 5'er camper with batts and dual axle, cargo trailer with dual axle and access batt, single axle utility trailer, riding mower, 2 side-x-sides, more pedal bikes than I can count, boat with 3 batts and dual axle trailer, ect... ect... $$$$$$

But I've found the best way to buy batteries is to go to the Interstate Batteries Warehouse and buy used certified so long as they have the model you need. You get them for about 1/2 price and still warrantied. You won't believe the amount of people that will turn in a perfectly good batt just because it went dead.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    so my truck is in need of new batteries (yes multiple) and it's been a while since i've shopped car batteries... holy moly. $180+ each.
    It got me to thinking... i have a crap load of lead acid batteries to deal with...

2 in my truck
    2 in boat
    1 in wife's suv
    7 in golf cart!!!
    1 in tractor (this one is amazing and can sit literally months w/o issue... of course i just jinx'd myself)
    1 on camper
    4 on various atv/dirtbikes (not including deer feeder batteries, lol)

and the only ones i pro-actively maintain are the golf cart and boat. always on a charger when not in use.

sonofa....
    You win. I'm only at 8.

All my sitting ones get recharged.

The smart charger on the boat batteries was a good purchase for those three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by 5:00 View Post
    I didn't think about how many batteries but how many pistons I own between all of the WaveRunners, boats, RC's, cars, lawn care products and so on. It is a lot of pistons! Its a good think they pretty much take care of themselves.
    I think that we had a thread on here years ago, with members comparing how many pistons we owned.
    You do hit those expensive batteries once you start installing AGM. They do last and hold a charge for ever.
    Yes and yes!

When my truck's original battery started having trouble starting a cold engine below -20C (where it managed at -30C the previous winter), I replaced it with a larger Northstar 24F model that could still fit in the tray. This has almost exactly double the CA, CCA, and total capacity as the OEM one. It's a "First Responder" class battery that has never given any issue, even when I've accidentally left the dome lights on overnight.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Quote Originally Posted by Pound View Post
    so my truck is in need of new batteries (yes multiple) and it's been a while since i've shopped car batteries... holy moly. $180+ each.
    It got me to thinking... i have a crap load of lead acid batteries to deal with...

2 in my truck
    2 in boat
    1 in wife's suv
    7 in golf cart!!!
    1 in tractor (this one is amazing and can sit literally months w/o issue... of course i just jinx'd myself)
    1 on camper
    4 on various atv/dirtbikes (not including deer feeder batteries, lol)

and the only ones i pro-actively maintain are the golf cart and boat. always on a charger when not in use.

sonofa....
    Wow! That is a lot of toys!!! I am kinda wishing I had that many batteries to replace. 😀

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk