Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate all the advice. Unfortunately I probably can't convince the wife to let me get a new boat for a year or two. I'm just trying to do my homework early. Hopefully I can find a good deal on a 2006+ when that time comes.

Also, what do you think about the stock moomba cruise? I know its RPM based and not GPS. But how well does it work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by jtatexc View Post
    And I could definitely be wrong but if you're anything like the rest of us, that 10% surf ratio will change. There is a reason surfing has gotten so big, I suspect you'll catch the bug too.
    For me the biggest reasons are because we can't get smooth water all the time we go out, and because I don't have the stamina I did for wakeboarding/skiing that I used to have when I was half my age!

(and the wife only surfs, so there's that).
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Purchased my LSV new in 05 and still love it. No complaints and never had to make a trip back to the dealer. As with any boat you have to experiment and dial in your wave but ours is very consistent. We added a suck gate and now our wave is even better. Kept the sprinkler valve ballast but upgraded to Iritrol valves. Boat is paid for and both kids are out of college and supporting themselves so I am not looking to upgrade. We go to the boat show every year and drool over the new boats and then get sticker shock at the prices. Told my son he can use it as a trade in when he wants to upgrade but I plan to retire.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Default 2002-2005 Moomba LSV Review?

Started with and '05 LSV and loved it as my first v-drive. For smooth water wakeboarding and surfing, it's a really good boat. If I didn't have kids, I would have kept it. However, now with kids, we do a lot more cruising around our choppy water lake, and the low freeboard gets a little scary at times when you have little kids in the boat. Moved to a much higher freeboard with my '13' and it's much better for rough water and more people. But I had no regrets with the '05.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

If I'm not mistaken those years LSV is a similar or same hull as my 2008'outback V. We've always loved ours as a family boat. Makes a decent open water ski wake too. We took some water over the bow the first time out but none since we learned how to drive it. Sure it's not the best for really rough water but my buddies that are used to I/O boats comment on how smooth it is.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float