Default Advise needed, buying '06 Outback Direct Drive

Sorry, I am new and having trouble posting

Hi fellas/ladies, I am new to this forum and to Moomba boats, I have shopped around and found that Moomba seems to be a very good value (I'm not paying for Mastercrafts Name!!). I live in Northern, IN and figured now was a good time to buy, maybe I can get a good deal on an 06 since the 07's should be out soon. The boat I negotiated on is an Outback Direct Drive with a tower and the 310hp engine. It has a few extras such as board racks, depth finder, SS rub rail, upgraded stereo, cover ect...I called 4 dealers in my area and this is the ONLY D-drive boat left in a 5 hour radius! Anyways, The price we finally agreed on was 27,000, MSRP is about 31,000 according to the configurator. I am going to sign the papers this week unless convinced otherwise....is this a fair price? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

PS..I didn't opt for the V drive because I want to store in my garage, and the V-drive is a bit longer.

Default Replying to Topic 'Advise needed, buying '06 Outback Direct

I believe that's a fair price as it is close to what i paid for my 04 with a few more frills than you mentioned. But that was a couple years ago.
    Hope this helps
    B
    Learn all you can today. Tomorrow you may need to know it!
    2004 Moomba Outback. Tower Speakers, amp, ballast, ssrr ... she's a cutie!

Originally posted by mase9921

Sorry, I am new and having trouble posting

Hi fellas/ladies, I am new to this forum and to Moomba boats, I have shopped around and found that Moomba seems to be a very good value (I'm not paying for Mastercrafts Name!!). I live in Northern, IN and figured now was a good time to buy, maybe I can get a good deal on an 06 since the 07's should be out soon. The boat I negotiated on is an Outback Direct Drive with a tower and the 310hp engine. It has a few extras such as board racks, depth finder, SS rub rail, upgraded stereo, cover ect...I called 4 dealers in my area and this is the ONLY D-drive boat left in a 5 hour radius! Anyways, The price we finally agreed on was 27,000, MSRP is about 31,000 according to the configurator. I am going to sign the papers this week unless convinced otherwise....is this a fair price? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

PS..I didn't opt for the V drive because I want to store in my garage, and the V-drive is a bit longer.

I didn't see a bimini listed. Its about $525 to add on and you may want to try to get one out of them.

A bimini is well needed, but better obtained outside the dealer - SC makes pretty basic models that are not worth the $. You can get a Sunbrella bimini custom made for less and it has a 15 year warranty. See if the 3-year bumber to bumber warranty is available (usually not during this time of year)

-J

Thanks for all your advise, I think this deal is a go, I can't wait to get it in the water! I tried for the bimini, but when they told me that they only come in grey, I figured I'd wait and find one to match (yellow). I got board racks thrown in instead.

I have a few other questions, but I think I should move them to another area, thanks again,

What is the 3 year bumper to bumper? Is that a boat show special or something?

Great idea on buying... a very good time when people are unloading boats for new models winter ext... enjoy your new boat.

One last thing... Welcome to the family.. there are some great people here. Will just about drive to your house to change the impeller for you! And if not they will smack you upside the head for not changing it yearly! aahahahah

and if you not sure what I just said.. read the manual.!!!!
    07 LSV
    Bikinis, tankinis, martinis
    No weenies

I have a Yellow Moomba, obviously, and I was opposed to the gray top as well, I thought I was getting a custom sunbrella charcoal color and it came in the standard light gray. I was reluctant to accept it but finally did (i really had no choice if I did not want to wait 5 weeks).

I must say the light gray looks stellar on the yellow outback dd. Its certainly whatever makes you happy though, good choice and Id say you got a fair price.
    I mess with Texas