Default Blue tooth options?

Anyone install a Blue tooth option in their boat after market. We have the stock deck in our 2008 XLV, but we run wet sounds equilizer which may be a problem? Thoughts on a product I should look at?

T

I have a 2008 xlv. I am really happy with the Exile media center. I have it running to one of the inputs of my WS420sq. I have the remote turn on lead of the exile power up my WS420sq and my amps. the majority of time I don't even use the head unit. I like the media center because it allows you to pause and track forward. makes it way easier for the wife when she's driving as she doesn't have to get into my phone.

sound quality is great. I'd say better than using the 3.5mm off my phone.

I have the simple exile BT module in my Audi, plugged into the AUX input. for that one, I control things on the phone only.

Both of them are great, and do BT 4.0. It just depends on if you want track control on the boat or if you're cool controlling things only on the phone.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

If your head unit has a rear AUX input, you can easily add a universal blue tooth. I like interfacing at the head unit, as it allows the remotes to still be used. However, I have found that not all universal BTs work well with all head units. Those boasting high line levels, such as the JL, Cerwin Vega, Metra Install Bay and Exile (which are all the same unit) are a little "hot" for most head unit AUX inputs, as these inputs were only designed low level head phone outputs. For going direct to most head unit models, I have found that the Wet Sounds BT-VC or the Roswell Cybox work best. If you want bypass the head unit and connect the BT to the AUX on your WS-420, then either of them will work well. The WS-420 as an adjustable AUX gain level, so the system can be tuned to account for any line level differences. Going this route though, you lose use of the remotes when connected via BT.

I tried out the Roswell Cybox and after a month of troubleshooting a defective unit, got a new one wired up but experienced more white noise/static so I sold that off and instead ran a long 3.5mm cord. Everyone swears by the WS-420 so I'm looking at upgrading my stock system and doing it up right. The Roswell folks were top notch in trying to help but the Cybox didn't work for me in a stock setup. I'll be following your results.
    Jeff
    2007 LSV - FAE, G4 setup with Sumo 500 IBS, 1k rear lockers