Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Adding ballast on top of ballast

Finnally got the SA dialed in and the surfing was awesome. Details of my setup. 800lbs bag in each rear locker full in addition to the hard tanks. Center hard tank full, 750 ibs full. Wake land surf system set on 2, wake plate about 47.

I added another 400lbs bag on the surf side rear seat. This last bag is what made the wave great. Without increasing my 800lbs bags, how can I integrate the additional 400 bags in the locker or somewhere not in the cabin?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Adding ballast on top of ballast

You can piggy back the 400 on top of the 800 ,

Will an 1100 fit in the locker ?
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    Finnally got the SA dialed in and the surfing was awesome. Details of my setup. 800lbs bag in each rear locker full in addition to the hard tanks. Center hard tank full, 750 ibs full. Wake land surf system set on 2, wake plate about 47.

I added another 400lbs bag on the surf side rear seat. This last bag is what made the wave great. Without increasing my 800lbs bags, how can I integrate the additional 400 bags in the locker or somewhere not in the cabin?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    What about having custom bags made from wakemakers that are taller?

I have a 400 bag under my surfside seats. don't know if you'd have room for that.

Let's see some pics of the great wave. All I saw was that video you guys posted on FB with the goofy wave. That one looked like there was wash all along the top of the lip...
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    What about having custom bags made from wakemakers that are taller?

I have a 400 bag under my surfside seats. don't know if you'd have room for that.

Let's see some pics of the great wave. All I saw was that video you guys posted on FB with the goofy wave. That one looked like there was wash all along the top of the lip...
    I do have room to go with a taller bag, similar to the "L" shape that's been tossed around on the forum, just not sure that will give me enough extra weight. I like the idea of adding the 400 lbs bag on top of the existing, but not enough space in the locker, the wife wont be happy if I take up more storage space for ballast, maybe my only option is the wakeballast as mentioned above, wonder what that would do to my slalom wake?

The FB video does have the top washed out, couldn't clean that up no matter what we tried, but the wave was the biggest its been and had the most push. Didn't think of taking pictures or video of just the wave. I have a regular wave video but it's of me trying to do something that didn't really work out as planned, so can't see the actual wave to well.

The other challenge I am facing is fill time, if I only run the built in pumps it takes almost an hour to fill, pumps have new impellers. Water was so smooth I went WOT from the launch to our surf spot and actually helped fill faster, but typically do not have that option.

Honestly until yesterday I was disappointed in the Wakeland system and the surf wave being thrown by the SA. Yesterday made me realize there is hope and no matter how many tools you add to the shed they still need dialed in.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

I run a similar set up, except that I reduce ballast on the non-surf side.
    If we have friends we have them sit surf side. If we have a small crew we just use the tsunami pump and place a bag surf side.
    It only takes about 5 minutes to pump up a 400lb fatty up.
    2017 Axis T23
    2014 Supra SC350 Sold
    2012 Outback V - Sold

If your fill times are an hour you have something wrong for sure. The reversible pump should have you full in 15 minutes at most, with huge bags. The average is around 100 pounds per minute with these pumps...

Have you verified your thru hull valves are all the way open? Have you physically taken out the impellers and inspected them? Are they the latest impeller offered? Is your thru hull clogged? You have a problem for sure.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    If your fill times are an hour you have something wrong for sure. The reversible pump should have you full in 15 minutes at most, with huge bags. The average is around 100 pounds per minute with these pumps...

Have you verified your thru hull valves are all the way open? Have you physically taken out the impellers and inspected them? Are they the latest impeller offered? Is your thru hull clogged? You have a problem for sure.
    Thats my thought as well, impellers are good, but might be older stock dealer had lying around, could be a cheap fix. valves are open, may try to flush the system to see if there may be a blockage. Thanks for the ideas for me to check.

I might just be stuck using the 400lbs fatty on the seats unless I can find a 400lbs friend
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold

My money is on fried impellers and your timers needing to be adjusted. It's a very simple job to pull them and see for yourself. No dealer trip needed. You can have all 3 out and replaced in 15 minutes.

I went with these for our SE, https://www.wakemakers.com/jabsco-ba...-impeller.html

Although, I think this might be the latest and greatest, not certain:
    https://www.wakemakers.com/jabsco-ba...-impeller.html
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    My money is on fried impellers and your timers needing to be adjusted. It's a very simple job to pull them and see for yourself. No dealer trip needed. You can have all 3 out and replaced in 15 minutes.

I went with these for our SE, https://www.wakemakers.com/jabsco-ba...-impeller.html

Although, I think this might be the latest and greatest, not certain:
    https://www.wakemakers.com/jabsco-ba...-impeller.html
    Awesome, will look this weekend. I was going to check them but ran out of time. May just order new ones and replace them in the spring..
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold