Default previous owner replaced headunit, without transom remote harness

I have a 2008 mobius lsv and the previous owner replaced the factory head unit with a new kenwood head unit. at the time of purchase he told me that it did not come with the harnesses to connect it to the transom remote as well as the remote at the steering wheel and all I needed to do was take it to a stereo shop and get the part and they would work. well a year and a half later i finally did and the stereo place told me there was no way to get the remotes to work and I needed to replace the head unit again with a new one that came with remotes... does this seem right?

It is a kenwood headunit and the remotes are the aware ones if that helps...
    2016 CRAZ
    2008 Mobius LSV -Sold

Start with which model Kenwood head unit, as they produce many. It may not be one that supports the universal aware remotes. May not even support the kenwood marine remotes.

Yes, shop is right

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by c04rsx-sm View Post
    I have a 2008 mobius lsv and the previous owner replaced the factory head unit with a new kenwood head unit. at the time of purchase he told me that it did not come with the harnesses to connect it to the transom remote as well as the remote at the steering wheel and all I needed to do was take it to a stereo shop and get the part and they would work. well a year and a half later i finally did and the stereo place told me there was no way to get the remotes to work and I needed to replace the head unit again with a new one that came with remotes... does this seem right?

It is a kenwood headunit and the remotes are the aware ones if that helps...
    Any kenwood headunit that has the remote input connection on the back will work. I have an 08 with aeware remotes and have upgraded the headunit 3 times now over the years. As long as it 'steering wheel remote ready', it will work.

Sounds like you just need to upgrade to a new kenwood.

This is the one I just put in this last summer:

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X998 CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth and HD Radio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8S6B86..._22f1xbENZH691
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Any kenwood headunit that has the remote input connection on the back will work. I have an 08 with aeware remotes and have upgraded the headunit 3 times now over the years. As long as it 'steering wheel remote ready', it will work.

Sounds like you just need to upgrade to a new kenwood.

This is the one I just put in this last summer:

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X998 CD Receiver with Built-in Bluetooth and HD Radio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00I8S6B86..._22f1xbENZH691
    Bringing this back up cause I never did anything about it... haha

But did you have to buy the adapter separate with that radio. Or did it come with what it needed to hook up to aware remotes?
    Last edited by c04rsx-sm; 04-04-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    2016 CRAZ
    2008 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by c04rsx-sm View Post
    Bringing this back up cause I never did anything about it... haha

But did you have to buy the adapter separate with that radio. Or did it come with what it. Ended to hook up to aware remotes?
    It has the connections that you need. Pretty simple on the aeware remotes. They just need power, ground, signal.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro