Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Surf a broadcast better than a liquid force primo

I wanted to post a question. How is it possible to have much better luck surfing a hyperlite broadcast (which is described as crazy slow) than it is a liquid force primo 4'9"? I have no issues whatsoever on the broadcast. Can surf rope less and stay in the pocket all day long. The minute I switch over to a primo that I bought, it's a total train wreck. Rarely can I go rope less. Usually nose dive it when I try add more from weight or pump to keep up.
    I weigh 195 lbs. Surf behind a 15' mojo with autoflow, sumo max 1000s in lockers, stock hard tank and ibs. Flow set anywhere from 55 to 70%, depending on the day and crew..
    Any help would be appreciated? Is it simply a case of I bought a board that is too small? Or something more? Thanks

I have ridden numerous liquid force boards and have disliked every one of them. Just last weekend I got to demo a liquid force machine that the guy at the dealership swore by and it was ridiculously slow. I feel that I am pretty proficient as I've even ridden 6 homemade boards that me and all my buddies made, and would rather ride ours than the liquid force boards I've tried. I was back on my phase5 after 2 quick pulls with the liquid force machine. Everyone on the boat agreed the lf was sub par

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not the best surfer in the world, but I'm decent. One of my other boards is a humanoid. No issues with it either. I bought the primo as more a true surf style. Feel Ike I wasted $.. Now nervous to even try something else

I am yet another supporter of you get what you pay for. It sucks, but most boards worth a damn are over 600 bucks. Not to say the more you spend the better the board, but I persoanlly think you gotta get near that range to score a board that you won't outgrow in a season or 2. Some advocate the custom shapes, other big brands, but there is a definite line in the sand with some boards and others and I think for good reason.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I know the struggle. Is there any sort of event where a guy could go and demo a bunch of boards? I'm still riding my old hyperlite coex, because every new board I buy is a total dissappointment.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Might want to check out this one:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....uthern+surfest
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

What phase boards r u liking?

X2 on the phase 5 question, which board do you like? I've got the p5 oogle and rode it twice before demoting it to the guest board.

2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Quote Originally Posted by mattsask View Post
    X2 on the phase 5 question, which board do you like? I've got the p5 oogle and rode it twice before demoting it to the guest board.

That's my worry when thinking about upgrading. If I don't like it I'm out 600$ and I don't have any place near me to demo boards
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Totally agree. U lose serious $ on boards when they don't work out