Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lots of water in the boat

It seems like I take on a bunch of water every trip out. My last boat I would pull plug every couple of trips because it was always pretty dry. My 2016 mojo seems to have a lot of water every trip. Bilge appears to be working fine.

Anyone experiencing this? Has anyone contacted dealer or skiers choice and what was response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Supra SA

If you upgraded your rear bags I would start by putting some pvc cement on the threaded fittings. Mine were all leaking slowly and they all seemed to slowly loosen on their own. I actually had an incident where the fitting completely came out of my port side bag and pumped water into the boat for about 8 minutes before I realized my bilge was running non stop.

I would start fit the fittings and go from there. That drastically reduced the amount of water in my bilge, although like you, I still have water in the bilge all the time.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

I always have water in my center plug. Never in my rear plug. Never really though anything of it though, cause every boat I've been in always had water.

2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Could always check your shaft deal as well using a hose in the boat while on the trailer.

Btw, update your sig!

might be worth it to lift the engine cover while the engine is running and just look around for minute or so. You could have a leak from a hose or water pump or something that just is enough to accumulate water by the end of the day. After that i would check all the ballast fitting like was mentioned above. sometime you get a loose fitting.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Thanks crew! I will look check out the items you all suggested next time. We took a couple of big waves into back of boat yesterday so it could be that too.

2017 Supra SA

Check your rub rail seal. Mine took on water after pulling out of shop this winter. Caulking cracked and separated allowing water to spray into port locker underneath rub rail. Was able to fix with a tube of marine caulk.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Was your boat affected by the paddlewheel service bulletin. My 2014 Mojo was. When the dealer completed the repair something didn't seat correctly. I was taking on water. My bilge had been dry prior to that. I took it back and they fixed that and the bilge has been dry since then.
    1991 Cobia Monte Carlo 188E (Sold)
    2014 Moomba Mojo (Sold)
    Next ??

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by samvq1 View Post
    Was your boat affected by the paddlewheel service bulletin. My 2014 Mojo was. When the dealer completed the repair something didn't seat correctly. I was taking on water. My bilge had been dry prior to that. I took it back and they fixed that and the bilge has been dry since then.
    What boats did this paddlewheel service bulletin impact? I've got a '14 LSV .....

Try pipe thread tape on the ballast fittings
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold