Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    That does suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah, their nets can be 1/4 of a mile long and they're allowed to place their nets across the commercial shipping channel. Now that I know what to look for, I can weave through them in the future. But there's little to no education out there to let other boaters know what's up.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Yeah, their nets can be 1/4 of a mile long and they're allowed to place their nets across the commercial shipping channel. Now that I know what to look for, I can weave through them in the future. But there's little to no education out there to let other boaters know what's up.
    Most boater arent out at the end of Sept. let alone after sundown, LOL. Legend status till you grab a net. Sucks to jump into the cold of water with just a heater top and no sunshine. At least you can start the education for your area
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Most boater arent out at the end of Sept. let alone after sundown, LOL. Legend status till you grab a net. Sucks to jump into the cold of water with just a heater top and no sunshine. At least you can start the education for your area
    LOL. I had more neoprene I could have put on (the bottoms to my old farmer johns). so basically I could have been in a 3/2 setup pretty easy. I could have even put on my ski gloves. But really with water around 68 and that much adrenaline, it wasn't necessary. Thank God for the dive mask, snorkel, and floating knife.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Need a fishing buddy to check in with because they will know and most of them will save their time by staying home as the fish counts drop fast. Took some of our friends visiting from Iowa to the launch and they showed off some the salmon. Fishing is picking up and the boats came in after dark. A lot more boats on the water than summer time. Gotta watch damaging nets as it is a sensitive subject with the tribes and F&G.
    Last edited by zabooda; 09-23-2016 at 03:04 PM.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    That does suck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yep. On the flip-side, think about how mad they got that some 'pleasure-boater' was running a boat across their nets cutting them up. Ha Ha.
    We are out there for pleasure, they are trying to make a living based on that fishing practice.

Love this thread! I just got myself a moomba after years of wanting one...
    I will post pics soon I hope. Going to get it late next week!
    2007 Mobius LSV 1 owner and only 99hours. It looks to have been pampered and well taken care of!
    Got it at the same dealer that sold it new and has serviced it every year. I had to jump on it!
    CAN'T WAIT!
    2007 Mobius LSV - Sold

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Yep. On the flip-side, think about how mad they got that some 'pleasure-boater' was running a boat across their nets cutting them up. Ha Ha.
    We are out there for pleasure, they are trying to make a living based on that fishing practice.
    Yeah, I get it. I can see it from their side. I'm sure they HATE ignorant wakeboat owners with fancy blinged out blue LED's and a loud stereo.

Of course, it's harder to feel sympathetic when you don't agree with gill net fishing in the first place. I put it right up there with strip mining and clear cut logging. And the fact that I don't eat fish doesn't help either, LOL.

I can pretty much guarantee that there was no love lost on either side.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Thank God for the dive mask, snorkel, and floating knife
    Been there and used that a couple of times on a boat. Can't say I seen a floating knife, I need to took that up.
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

Quote Originally Posted by DFTR Josh View Post
    Been there and used that a couple of times on a boat. Can't say I seen a floating knife, I need to took that up.
    I have this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Gone-Fishing-.../dp/B0041X9IVE

www.TraysonsToybox.com