Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    Not how it works...
    They have revival troughs on the boats and are required by law to revive and release incidental catches. They are heavily regulated.
    How do you think salmon get to the stores?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    By the way, did you speak to the Capt. after you ran over his net? You are liable for damages to the net. Pretty healthy fine if you left the scene and didn't report it to the Capt.

PWI as usual...

By the way, did you speak to the Capt. after you ran over his net? You are liable for damages to the net. Pretty healthy fine if you left the scene and didn't report it to the Capt.

I feel bad for Trayson. If it were me those fisherman could eat a bag of dicks. Shouldn't be taking 80% of the waterway to catch fish. Regardless of federal or local laws, this is a crock of shit. I would have taken that net and cut it out of my boat and gave them and ear full. Call me an asshole, but that shouldn't be allowed and seems like a huge safety concern. I ride the Columbia a lot up here in my area and luckily never came across this.

2013 LSV Red/White

1100lb upgrades in each rear locker!
    Stock 500 Bow ballast
    650IBS
    Manual Flow equipped

Boards
    Hyperlite Hi-Fi "The Illest"
    CWB AMG Carbon
    Phase 5 Razz
    Byerly Volt
    4.6 Ronix Koal Fish
    Phase Five Scamp (kiddos)

Not how it works...
    They have revival troughs on the boats and are required by law to revive and release incidental catches. They are heavily regulated.
    How do you think salmon get to the stores?

Maybe they do all follow the "rules". All I know is that they are pretty much universally hated. And I'm certainly not a fan. I wouldn't shed a tear if they all disappeared tomorrow. And I promise you, I'll never eat salmon again.

Don't stress about it Newty, their boat was right there acknowledging the fact that the only way they were getting my boat out of that net is by having me cut it off.

It would be a pretty healthy fine for them if they left their nets unattended at night stretching across the river.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post
    I feel bad for Trayson. If it were me those fisherman could eat a bag of dicks. Shouldn't be taking 80% of the waterway to catch fish. Regardless of federal or local laws, this is a crock of shit. I would have taken that net and cut it out of my boat and gave them and ear full. Call me an asshole, but that shouldn't be allowed and seems like a huge safety concern. I ride the Columbia a lot up here in my area and luckily never came across this.

Like I said, I'm not a fan.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by icemanftr View Post

This is how it looked. But that big freighter wasn't parked at the dock like in the google maps picture. instead, it was an open pier, but with tons of really bright stadium style lights illuminating the water in front of it. The flashing strobe was where I have the red circle (so hard to see with the backdrop being the pier's lighting). The gill netter's boat was over against the barges (green star) and the net stretched across the yellow line. That part of the river is about 2000 feet wide.

Like I said, I was ignorant of what I was supposed to be looking for. I've most certainly done plenty of outings on the boat during their seasons, but it seems they must be doing it at night. Because when I looked it up, their season extends to 9/30 and they weren't out at all yesterday. But that night, it was a maze of their nets.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

The chill in the air this morning made me realize the mojo will be winterized and packed away soon. But we just bought into the the campground we go to so we will be out a few more times closing that up and getting some late season runs in.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcross25 View Post
    The chill in the air this morning made me realize the mojo will be winterized and packed away soon. But we just bought into the the campground we go to so we will be out a few more times closing that up and getting some late season runs in.

What's that white box deal down under the end of the deck, can't tell from my phone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mini fridge???
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Mini fridge. Don't wanna walk to far to get a beer when the fire is ripping.

Nick

2012 moomba mojo 2.5
    2005 Moomba outback-sold

Feeling kinda naked without my Bimini operational but I'm really pumped about the pirate flag. Didn't snap any pics on water today but had a really nice glass day with the lake to ourselves being late season in colorado. Air was about 52 and water 65, perfectly fine for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Probably last trip of the season but look at this water!

2016 Moomba Craz
    2014 Chaparral H2O 21 Sport
    1997 Sea Ray 175 Sport