Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks guys for all the information, I have a factory amp and tower speakers. I have a get a kicker sub can I buy a premade box or would I have to get one made?

Quote Originally Posted by moombaman16 View Post
    I am located in wnc, there a few shops around, I am a diesel mechanic for a living so I was hoping to do this myself, even though stereos are a little different than Diesel engines lol.
    Where is WNC?

As to the enclosure: You do not want an off the shelf car audio box. They are typically made of thin MDF and covered in water absorbing trunk liner like carpet. The MDF is raw and the enclosure will rot out in a couple seasons. You also have to take into account the shape and dimensions of a pre-made enclosure fitting the intended space. Second, You want the enclosure to match the woofer's specs. Although sealed enclosures can be forgiving in terms of their internal volume, you still dont want to be too far away. Too large and the woofer is dull and sloppy. Too small and its a one note wonder. A custom enclosure will address all these during the design and build.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Where is WNC?

As to the enclosure: You do not want an off the shelf car audio box. They are typically made of thin MDF and covered in water absorbing trunk liner like carpet. The MDF is raw and the enclosure will rot out in a couple seasons. You also have to take into account the shape and dimensions of a pre-made enclosure fitting the intended space. Second, You want the enclosure to match the woofer's specs. Although sealed enclosures can be forgiving in terms of their internal volume, you still dont want to be too far away. Too large and the woofer is dull and sloppy. Too small and its a one note wonder. A custom enclosure will address all these during the design and build.
    I live in Asheville, NC

The man speaking with all the kicker knowledge is 2 hours from you .... and has some experience with marine audio

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Factory subwoofer

I am really thinking about getting some of theses from you, these are the factory now speakers right? Have you thought of a price? And yes I have factory tower rosewell speakers
    russelsmojo sold two pair for $100 + shipping so I was thinking like $80-$90 + shipping? They aren't LED though. PM me I might be able to get you some amps to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I live in Asheville, NC
    LOL, I was just up there Tuesday. Might be back up there in another week.

OP - Take your boat to this guy............He knows his stuff and you'll get a great system within your budget!!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Default Factory subwoofer

I live in Asheville, NC
    I agree, if you are near MLA I would take it to him. He is very knowledgeable & helped me design my system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

I'm another one who says the moment the season is over, just take it to MLA. Purchase the gear from him. Have him build the enclosure, do the installation, and do the tune. It will look good, it will sound good, and it will last.

Do you do work in Asheville sometimes?