Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Factory subwoofer

I have a 16 craz, the factory stereo includes just the four speakers in the main seating area. I want to add bow speakers and the factory sub under the steering wheel, I was wondering were would be the best place to by the sub, also what else would I need, like what amp or any other accessories that I need. Does the boat come pre wired for the sub and bow speakers? I thought I read some where that the holes for the bow speakers are already there you just have to remove a panel is this correct? How does the factory sub mount under the steering wheel as well? Any information would be much appreciated, thank you in advance.

No reason to purchase the factory sub as there is no factory box you are trying to match. You will need a sub and box. This can be done many ways, from buying an all in one sub/amp/box to having a custom built enclosure made.

The bow speakers should be wired to the speaker location. Im unclear where the other end is (head unit or amp rack) if you do not have a factory amp rack.

You will want an amp or 2 or 3

Do you have a budget in mind?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

When I talk to the dealer about adding the factory package, which includes factory sub, bow speakers and amp was about $1500, so a budget would be around that but would like to spend less. A friend of mine bought a mojo at the same time his has the factory setup. I really like the look of the sub under the steering wheel and I like how it lights up with the other interior lights. Any recommendations?

If you want everything to match ....

You could pick up a set of bow speakers from the forum. Km61. Then pick up a 10 or 12 kicker sub and have a box built. Add 5 channel amp. It would turn out better than factory and around that budget id think.

Of course, lots of other options.

On the sub, what are your resources for a box? Diy, local installer, etc

2016 Moomba Mojo

Just eyeballed kickers marine led sub. Assuming it's the moomba factory sub ... you will be giving up some bass to get the led built in. I, personally, would consider the fact you can add led seperately

2016 Moomba Mojo

I have never dealt with any local installers, nor have I ever built my own box. The salesman where I bought my boat recommend the wet sounds sub enclousre with the built in amp, but I do like the idea of keeping everything kicker. Do you have any recommendations for a box, also would would you recommend on the led lighting?

you will be giving up some bass to get the led built in.
    How so? You can get a Kicker L7 12 with a white, charcoal or chrome RGB LEDs grill and drive it with a KXM1200.1 marine amp. Seems like a chit load of bass with a factory looking grill with LEDs.

http://www.kicker.com/led-subwoofer-grilles

I like the "sound" of all wetsounds

The all in sub solution is a good one. Especially without box building resources. The free air factory mount leaves alot to be desired.

All wetsounds .... the 10" all in one, 3 pairs xs65, htx4 or 6. With a package discount you could likely get the led in boats and be under the 1500 budget.

Your future desire for tower speakers should be considered when choosing an amp now.

2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by moombaman16 View Post
    I have never dealt with any local installers, nor have I ever built my own box. The salesman where I bought my boat recommend the wet sounds sub enclousre with the built in amp, but I do like the idea of keeping everything kicker. Do you have any recommendations for a box, also would would you recommend on the led lighting?
    Well if you want to keep kicker then I would do some kicker 6.5s in bow. I actually have a pair of you want to save some money. Well I actually have four pair lol. If it were me I would do (2) Kicker KM10s under your helm. It will easily fit and you won't loose any legroom. I have (4) under there. Two tens will give you twice the surface area and will sound great. Good news is the kicker 800.5 will power (2) 10s perfectly. They will also power (4) cabin speakers. You will need an additional amp for your bow speakers though. Do you have any tower speakers?

Let me know if you want a pair or two of the kicker speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Led in boats (650s) ....

Last edited by KG's Supra24; 08-31-2016 at 11:24 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo