Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sa450

Default Sa450

Hey All - Been lurking for a while and am going to seriously look at a 2016 SA450 this weekend. However, I don't know MUCH about these boats and the internet research I've done seems far more limited than other brands. The Supra Forums aren't as active it seems so I'm trying here....

Does anyone have information or pictures or first hand knowledge of the Surf/Wakeboarding/Skiing Wake? Stock Ballast, Surf Swell etc would be on the boat.

What about the Fit/Finish/overall quality? I hear Supra's have made great strides (not trying to stir the pot.. sorry). What are your thoughts on the quality of the Fit/Finish/Indmar engines etc? From what I've "seen online" I'm looking forward to what I find when I visit this weekend.

What are the must have options for this boat? Its nicely optioned out, but what are the must haves from your experience.

I know these are pretty broad questions, and I appreciate your time and consideration in advance! I'm hoping to make a purchase in the next 4-6 weeks.

Cheers
    Ryan Cassidy

What area are you from?
    The SA comes with 3200 lbs stock ballast - 750's rear bags + 275 hard tanks, 650 front tank, and 500 nose (IBS).
    This is the mother ship when it comes to water sports and the wakeboarding wake is above average then any boat. The surf is also amazing but would ask help from the dealer to dial it in with the settings. Have no clue on the ski wake and for a bigger V Drive your still going to have a bump, but a clean bump. The Supra launch system is pretty damn nice when it comes to running wake with the heavy ballast. Only workes in wake mode and uses all three plate to help plane. Dealing a lot with Supra this season you will be very happy with the purchase. Not only are the boats built top notch but having the 5 year warranty keep you worry free for quite some time. There's so many choices with options when it comes to Supra and just all have them all! Congrats for looking at the SA and good luck with your search. You will need come cleaning product and look no further then Boat Bling...
    DFTR Josh
    Supra/Moomba
    www.marine-products.com (Discount Code: DFTR-1)

I have had My 2016 SA for almost a year now.

Awesome wake board and surf wakes, never tried ski. I upgraded the rear ballast bags to 1180lbs

Steering wheel controls, dual battery and a heater would be the options I need plus the upgraded prop.

Don't get the factory tower stereo or sub. - you can get wetsounds for the same price.

I think the Swell system is an option but I am not sure if you can find one without it. You will want it.

If you have thicker surf boards like a Doomswell - dont get the clamping board racks. Those boards dont fit in them.

Everything else is bling or preference if you have the extra cash.

I know a guy selling his 1 year old SA2016 for $89K if you are interested.

Cool... Thanks for all the thoughts so far.

I'm from Atlanta GA.

Nothing but Boat Bling touches my boats... I've got an outgoing Yamaha sx240 2010 that looks brand new due to that stuff.

Planning on using normal boards and not the thicker ones.. clamping is a big yes for me so very happy to see supra has that.

The dealer seems pretty cool and if we like the fit/finish etc (which my wife seems to be keen on as is) we are hoping to take it for a test drive on Saturday. Looking forward to it.

Any other feedback or thoughts would be very very welcome!

come down to Lake Sinclair on Sat. I'll give you a demo on my SA 450. It's for sale . . .

Hey Drew.. I might have to take you up on that.. (not this weekend though).. Got a jammed packed weekend with it being labor day. But don't go to far

fyi, sight unseen, I know how Drew takes care of his boat, it will be like it came off the show room floor. Clean and spotless.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default Sa450

Quote Originally Posted by Silvtongdvl View Post
    I have had My 2016 SA for almost a year now.

Awesome wake board and surf wakes, never tried ski. I upgraded the rear ballast bags to 1180lbs

Steering wheel controls, dual battery and a heater would be the options I need plus the upgraded prop.

Don't get the factory tower stereo or sub. - you can get wetsounds for the same price.

I think the Swell system is an option but I am not sure if you can find one without it. You will want it.

If you have thicker surf boards like a Doomswell - dont get the clamping board racks. Those boards dont fit in them.

Everything else is bling or preference if you have the extra cash.

I know a guy selling his 1 year old SA2016 for $89K if you are interested.

Question on the rear 1180 fat sacs does that take up all the room in the locker ? Also do you know if a SE 450 has a bigger locker then the SA or are they the same ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    fyi, sight unseen, I know how Drew takes care of his boat, it will be like it came off the show room floor. Clean and spotless.
    Awesome!!!! That's what I'm looking for!

Looking forward to seeing an sa450 in person and taking it our for a drive if it checks all the boxes.

Default Sa450

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    come down to Lake Sinclair on Sat. I'll give you a demo on my SA 450. It's for sale . . .
    Wolfe, how much you asking?
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro