Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default 6.2 raptor 400 oil change

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
    2015 lsv purple metal flake

I use the fram ph2

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk
    2015 lsv purple metal flake

I appreciate the info. Yukon2007 sent me that info a couple days ago and I picked up both the ph2 and mobile one filters.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

Had a little bit of an issue this weekend. Went to change the oil on my 2016 Craz this week. The oil change went off without a hitch. Pulled the oil from the pan hose, replaced the filter (went with the FL820S motorcraft filter), added the eight quarts as per usual and thought I was good to go (this was Saturday). Dump the boat in the water yesterday, starts up no problem, had it idling for about 5 ish minutes, oil pressure was in the 50's. Put it in gear to get going and the engine goes in to limp mode. Checked oil pressure and it was less than 10 PSI. Pulled out the dip stick, dry as a bone. The oil filter had some oil on the outside of it, but I didn't seem to have 8 quarts of oil sitting in my engine compartment. So the question is where did I go wrong? I spoke with the dealer prior to the oil change and they said the FL820S filter is right for my engine. Friend of mine asked if I had overtorqued the oil filter, but it didn't have any cracks/holes/opening etc. Any ideas?
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

Did the old oil filter gasket stay on the filter upon removal, or did it remain on the housing?
    2015 Mojo Surf Edition
    1100 rear lockers
    400+ under each rear seat
    700 stock center
    950 ibs
    autoflow 2.0 surf tab upgrade
    FAE

Haven't pulled it back off yet as I didn't have the tools with me on the water at the time, but that's likely the problem. That the seal broke loose on the filter. Makes sense. I'll take a look at it and get back to you.
    2016 Craz
    1979 Ski Nautique

What is the secret to getting all of the oil out of the engine? I know there is drain tube. Last year I ran the drain tube out through the Hull (boat) plug. I started the engine for a few minutes and then drained the oil into a pan.

Issues: the oil just trickled out and took about 1 1/2 hours to drain. No sure it fully drained. bow was not pointed down hill either.

Suggestions?
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    What is the secret to getting all of the oil out of the engine? I know there is drain tube. Last year I ran the drain tube out through the Hull (boat) plug. I started the engine for a few minutes and then drained the oil into a pan.

Issues: the oil just trickled out and took about 1 1/2 hours to drain. No sure it fully drained. bow was not pointed down hill either.

Suggestions?
    I use a pneumatic oil extractor. Insert it in the drain tube and extract the oil in 5 minutes

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    2016 Craz.
    Enzo bags.

The 400 and 440 Raptors use semi-synthetic or fully synthetic 5W30 meeting the API rating of SN. The old no synthetics for 100 hours does not apply to these engines. They are going to hold close to 8 quarts.
    Larry Engelbert
    Indmar Marine Engines
    "Power to the Sport"

The Engine Nut has spoken. Thanks. The End.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400